wheel alignment woes!

antmax7

Reaction score
right fellas help and info need.
my car is a A3 2.0t quattro
my problem is my rear tyres are wearing the outside edges
i had full 4 wheel alignment done in September when i had my new tyres put on.
i went back this morning for them to check it over after noticing the wear at the weekend.
they did this and the results were still spot on not moved much at all hardly anything nothing to cause the problem.
they guy that did the check was very very helpful indeed but was unwilling to change the settings from the stock figures that his machine tells him to set it to in case he made it worse.
yes they had put the vehicle details in correct no mix up on suspension height it was spot on.

so does any one know if Audi have released revised settings to cure this problem???
wanna get this sorted ASAP
cheers ant

oh and i ain't paying no audi dealership £250+vat to do it!!!:wtf:

yep
checked every week when i clean car
any ideas?

Last edited:
check the toe as it may be too much and causing the tyre to 'scrub'

they have give me another print out that shows where every reading is meant to be and they are all to the the manufacturers specs for my car
anyone know of any revised specs this must be a common prob surely?

right i will take a pic of the print out for you as it's all numbers to me!

here you go
IMG_0024.jpg

I will have a check of what mine is set at tonight, nothing looks suprising though

stock def
only aftermarket mod is a bluefin map
it's even still has the sport alloys on
i had ps2's on the car when i bought it these wore evenly
when i changed for the ps3's i had the wheel alignment done one adjustment was made to the passenger rear wheel that was all but i now have this problem but the fronts are running true
really is annoying saw a thread from America where an Audi tech said use the rear settings from a mk5 golf what do you guys think about this idea?

Last edited: