Continental SportContact 2's - only 10k

phil-LFC

Reaction score
We've had the Black Edition for a year now from new, 2.0TDi 140 SB, it's used for all sorts of journeys, we don't drive it mad either, but we only got 10k from these front tyres - not impressed!

Is this normal for these tyres?

Other than that, my opinion after 12 months of ownership - what a cracking car!!!

I am in exactly the same boat as yourself! Needing new tyres in a year from new! The gentlemen who did my oil change service at the Audi garage said i should try and claim under the warranty although i doubt id get very far with that!

Absolutely not a chance in hell you'll get money on a warranty claim for tyres. I wouldn't waste my time...

Nope didn't think they would, haven't even bothered to ring... what tyres would you guys recommend?

yea they really will laugh you out the showroom!

if your wanting a premium tyre, then something like a Michelin PS2. PS3 are about as good as it gets for an all round tyre

Thanks jungleman appreciate the advice

I ran Toyota Proxes T1-Rs and they were pretty good. Got about 16k out of the fronts as well, but that was probably because they got rotated half way thru... they've just changed the design tho, so I can't comment on the new ones!

had a focus rs with conti 5s done 10 000 and still had plently life left and sold car to friend now his done 5 000 miles and now starting to get to a changing point but these are really soft tyres and to be honest iv now gone with avons as had them before will last around the same time not noisey at all and handels just as good as a 200£ tyre dnt for get avon is a bently tyre i belive so if there good enough for a £100 000 plus car they good enough for me elite direct do em 225/35/19 £115 fitted each so a good by!

on a budget uni royal rainsport 2's are what you want
if not ps3 FTW!
oh i have never seen a bently with avon tyres fitted seen plenty with Michelin and conti but never with avon's fitted!

I went through the rear SC2's on my S3 in under 7K, bit of a shock after 4 months!

Are the sportcantact 3's any good against the Michelin PS3 as Costco are selling them at reasonable prices incl fitting.

I have always found that Michelin's last longer, I put PS3's on the rear of my S3 when the SC2 wore out. So far so good and hardly any sign or wear.

Are the sportcantact 3's any good against the Michelin PS3 as Costco are selling them at reasonable prices incl fitting.

No they are terrible also - My Dad has a VW Passat CC (big car i know) drives like a grandad, never hard accellerates or wheel spin, always 50+ mpg and they only lasted 12K miles which was 12 months. We complained to VW who said they are "aware" of the heavy tyre wear on the car but "wear and tear..."!

They are too soft!

toyo = no. SC3's no where near as good as PS2's. Uniroyal good for £.

Had the same problem, only 10000 from Conti Sport 2 so switched to Conti Sport 3 now get between 14000-16000