Badger5AH Fabrications
    6th Gear

Status

A3 S-line Sportback rear diffuser question.

I have an A3 Sline Sportback, what are my options for upgrading the rear diffuser to a new style one? Is it a case of a whole new bumper or can i just buy the rear diffuser from say an 8P3 and remove mine and re fit the new one?

Thanks

Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    You need to replace the whole bumper dude, see this thread it has detailed info on how it was done.

My SPORT to S-LINE Conversion (Part No's, Prices & Tips included)...
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

6th Gear

Status
    ^ that's the thread i think i have just been having a quick glance over. If i have to replace the whole bumper than i'll sack the idea off. If it was just a case of removing the old diffuser and replacing it with a new one for 100 ish, i would of done it just to freshen the rear up a tad.

Thanks for your help.
    Audi A3 2.0L TDI S-Line Sportback

5th Gear

Status
    Its a whole bumper off job dude but the whole bumper cover can be bought for very little money. From your sig aswell you have a sportback i have seen quite a few come up on ebay.

Also note this bumper is almost complete, you need 2 parts which are around 50 from audi and a respray youll be good to go and straight swap.

AUDI A3 S3 S LINE BACK REAR BUMPER GENUINE on eBay (end time 10-Apr-11 18:33:54 BST)
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    If you want to stick with an 8P2 rear bumper you can fit an S3 valance/diffuser to your bumper.

Like this.....

See this thread ---> Sline rear to s3 rear diffuser switch?

5th Gear

Status
    check dealer prices first as they may have charge you less than ebay:].
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by aythreee View Post
    If you want to stick with an 8P2 rear bumper you can fit an S3 valance/diffuser to your bumper.

Like this.....

See this thread ---> Sline rear to s3 rear diffuser switch?
    Best option in my opinion. Getting whole bumper is a lot of that can be spent elsewhere:P
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDejavu View Post
    check dealer prices first as they may have charge you less than ebay:].
    Indeed, Dont do what i did!

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    The problem with getting only the S3 diffuser is that it looks a bit odd, imo, unless you get the S3 side skirts too.
    Without the skirts the rear hangs lower than the rest of the car.

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by farhanali View Post
    Indeed, Dont do what i did!