S3 CONVERSION

Quaylejames

Reaction score
Im new to this type of thing, but I have a 2008 audi a3 8P3.

I was wondering what s3 bumpers I can fit?

Just to get my head around it all if I had a 8p2 do i have to fit a 8P2 s3 bumper for a straight swap?
And vise verser if I had a 8p3 to get a straight swap i need to fit 8p3 s3 kit?

Thanks in advance

Correct you will need an 8P3 S3 front bumper, rear bumper if you prefer the slight different design to the 8P2 S3 rear bumper. And side skirts but you can buy 8P2 S3 side skirts as there no difference.

I am looking to do an S3 conversion on my 08 8P also. I kept the local Audi dealer busy with putting together some part numbers, may help. Not suggesting you buy directly from Audi as costs will be high.

8P0 807 105 S GRU - S3 FRONT BUMPER
8P0 853 651 L VMZ - RADIATOR GRILL (BLACK)
8P0 807 681 P 9B9 - SATIN BLACK FOGLIGHT GRILL LEFT
8P0 807 682 G 9B9 - SATIN BLACK FOGLIGHT GRILL RIGHT
8P0 807 110 E 1RR - LOWER CENTRE SPOILER
8P0 807 233 B - CLOSING ELEMENT (WHERE BONNET RESTS)
8P0 807 287 M 3FZ - BLACK LICENSE PLATE HOLDER

Plenty of smaller parts seemed to be listed like clips etc, i also have details of rear bumper and side skirts if anyone is interested.

I assume from what i have read that the front bumper off an 8P S-Line or S3 will fit without too much trouble onto a standard no frills 8P whether it's a 3 door or a Sportback doesn't matter. However the rear bumper should be a like for like sportback to sportback in order for it to fit?

I am in the middle of seeing what is involved at the moment, having owned an S3 before, and now i'm driving a 2.0TDi - i want to keep my economy but get back the S3 looks. Adding up all the costs from Audi dealer it will be quite expensive to go new, so i guess some hunting around and ebay is needed.

Instead of that black grill u listed im going for the rs6 grill :)
If i was to ask audi for the S3 bumper I would get all of this with it?

U got a list of all the part numbers I need for the whole conversion? including clips?

That would be great

Last edited:
going for the RS6 grill is quite the DIY job... have a word with a guy on here called mattandrew as hes done a custom RS6 grill on his S3. be a good person to talk to

that where i got the idea from looks good with a big black grill. just sent him a message

Cheers

I havent got the clip part numbers listed yet, but from what i'm told and seen so far that above list should sort out all thats needed for the front bumper, i'm new to this also so im only basing this on my own research and what others say in the forums here - but Audi spares dept list the above as all that's needed bar maybe some clips. Although they did list front wings, but i dont think you need to fit new wings for the S3 bumper? (hope not another bunch of £££)

I havent got the clip part numbers listed yet, but from what i'm told and seen so far that above list should sort out all thats needed for the front bumper, i'm new to this also so im only basing this on my own research and what others say in the forums here - but Audi spares dept list the above as all that's needed bar maybe some clips. Although they did list front wings, but i dont think you need to fit new wings for the S3 bumper? (hope not another bunch of £££)

You dont need the wings if you have an 8P1 or 8P2 A3 and doing the 8P2 S3 front end.
Only for the 8P3 you need new wings etc.

Hmmm, wonder why the parts I've been quoted are 8P0...