What is this fault code?

DaveA3-TDI

Reaction score
Hello.

Have done a search but can't find much information about the fault code below, would anyone have any ideas please?

00796 - Fan for Interior Temp Sensor (V42)
011 - Open Circuit - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00101011
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset Counter: 127
Mileage: 121461 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2011.03.31
Time: 07:33:46

Freeze Frame:
Voltage: 10.30 v
Temperature: 10.5 °C

What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance.

Well if it is similar to the Golf IV Climate Control, there is a small fan that draws in cabin air to measure the temp. It is built into the Climate Control unit.

Not seem that error before though, I take it you have Googled it ?

Paul

That is the fan to draw air from the cabin in the climatronic control unit as Jazz Blue says. Clearly there would seem to be a loose connection with the fault being intermittent.

However, your battery voltage is very low (10.3v) which indicates a faulty cell and that may need replacing. This may be the cause of an intermittent fault but try running the car for a while to see if the battery voltage increases and then clear the fault and see if it returns.

Your battery voltage should never drop to below 11.5 volts and then only when it's freezing cold outside !

Ok thanks for the heads up. Can I do a battery check with vcds?

Ok thanks for the heads up. Can I do a battery check with vcds?

You just did didn't you - 10.30v !

Don't know of a separate check but if you go to a garage they will stick a piece of kit on it and do a volt drop test.

Might even get it done at Halfrauds !

I meant like it checks all the other systems on the car if there was a test just for the battery lol. When you say the voltage should never drop below 11.5 volts, is that when the car is running or with the engine off?

Should read about 12v with Engine off and minimal load, about 14.4v with the Engine on charging the battery.

Paul

Checked again this evening and the fault hasn't come back, also the battery voltage is about 12.3v now!!! Better keep an eye on it