Rear wheels rubbing on an Audi a3

j0bsy

Reaction score
I have an Audi A3 8P lowered on AP coilovers which are wound all the way down. I am running a set of 19 inch speedlines with 225/35/19 tyres.

Got the tracking done today as I hadn't done it since fitting the coilovers and now it rubs the drivers rear arch every time I go round a bend.

Got told it was -2 before and it only rubbed when I had the car pretty full, now it is set to -1 and rubs on some bends with only myself in the car. It seems to be rubbing on the screw which holds the rear bumper in place.

Has this happened to other people? If so what have you done to overcome this? Just need a little advice as I can only think of getting the rear camber back to -2

Cheers

i think this is a VERY common thing. ppl just take the screw out. give it a go, there's plenty of others holding the bumper on

can you post some pics because I will run the same and would like to know how it looks

215s and screw out and problem solved.

Looks like I will get the -2 camber & pick up some new tyres when the others are done. Are there any issues once the screw is taken out?

can you post some pics because I will run the same and would like to know how it looks

Will try to get some photos up tomorrow if I have the time before work

You don't need -2 on ET48, you just need screw out and 215s, you gain SO much clearance through stretch, no.1 reason why I run it.

i get rubbing on the back of mine every now and again but im running 18"s on 225's with a et45 but i think that is down to the shape of the tyre on the one side i am going to get a new tyre the same as on the other side soon

Screw out for sure, and if needed a touch more camber if you are not in a position to change tyres at this time. Are you running much toe as that can also cause rubbing on the rear screw if its too much.

so can you actually leave the screw out guys? my rubbing is horrendous

Im going to be running the same set up 19's 8.5 with 215 or 225 .Im concerned if the 215 had a puncture would it reck my Rims?

Yea man, just take it out, the bumper will not fall off. I have had mine out since day one

gonna sort that today, ive had the right Torx set for it for about 2 months now... just need someone to take my wheels off!!! the standard jack is pants!!!

Yea man, just take it out, the bumper will not fall off. I have had mine out since day one

Same as! im running 255,35,19's 9J (3mm spacers all round)and only get slight rubbing on the rear when people in back and cornering hard...i will change to 235 when need new tyres tho....

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron burgundy
Same as! im running 225,35,19's 9J (3mm spacers all round)and only get slight rubbing on the rear when people in back and cornering hard...i will change to 235 when need new tyres tho....

235 will make it worse!!

I am right though?? I added a pic of the monster truck ps2 on my build thread just for yooooo! I was thinkin about you this morning.. :friends: you were needed with a wheel situation, i dont think you will be interested but i know youll know...

Ill PM you as its not really fair on OP + not actually Audi related...

Screw out for sure, and if needed a touch more camber if you are not in a position to change tyres at this time. Are you running much toe as that can also cause rubbing on the rear screw if its too much.

Had the tracking done yesterday and it was put to the standard set up so I don't believe I'm running more toe than normal

Will pop over to Hiq tomorrow to get the camber done and screw taken out then when the tyres are forked I will get the 215's and redo the camber

Cheers for all the help, didn't think it happened to most people, thought I had just been a spanner and messed something up

i'll take the screw out too then for prep for when i get some spanking new 19's dont shout at me tho people im getting some reps sorry for swearing like lol i know we dont like reps on here but i cant aford over a grand for some new rims as of yet

well it used to catch even before i lowered her well when i had a full car anyway so prob the same as being lowered lol, its a cheap and nasty budget tyre but going to get my tracking done either this weekend or next week sometime still havent had it done

wheel wise?? if your on about than then im thiking of either some S8 reps or some r8 reps want something that looks oem

yea my bad, meant wheels, the S8's are like S3's arnt they but in 19's obv, would look good, think someone on here was thinking of selling a set... cant remember his name tho, hes got an S3 with MTMs

R8's are good, tho not a huge fan of the V10's tho not seen any in a dark finish, personally prefer the V8's

lol no probs dude , yeah i know who you mean not looking to buy any yet bit skint at the mo and got to save a few ££ to go to early edition , yeah i prefer the v8's what ever i do end up getting they are going the same colour as the wheels ive got now

All this rep talk

gun_to_the_head.jpg

lol yeah true i suppose mate jsut want some new rims soon and it aint happening i cant save for s**t lol

Dont buy reps, wate of time, buckle easy, too heavy....you can find wicked oem alloys n good tyres from a vag breakers or ebay for around £700/£800 if ur lucky m8....just keepp looking !

ive got reps on her now had them on for nearly 3 and a half years not had a single problemo with them must be luck i think , yeah im going to try and save up and get oem ones but the are just so costly

225 35 19, take screw out and you wont have any problems, you going to spent a fortune buy all new tyres!

I went and got the camber done just an extra -.5 degree and it doesn't rub at all now. Gonna take the screw out at the weekend and hopefully it won't rub when I fill the car up for early edition

To have an opinion on what you lot have been chatting about, I think reps are a good idea for the short term but if u can do with waiting then nothing beats the proper wheels, had to wait a while to afford mine but it was worth it

It was meant to say minus point five, sorry if I missed the point so it is only minus 2