Facelift confusion with DRL and S3 Bumper?!

A2H GO

Reaction score
Even after reading the FAQs im still a little confused, but then it doesn't take much.

Im looking to buy an A3 S-Line 2.0 TDi in the near future but would love to fit the DRL's and possibly even an S3 bumper in the future. I know people hate it when you make a car look like something it isn't but its the closest i'll get to owning one,lol.

My question is, which year onwards do I need to get, was there a facelift in 2008?

Do the lights and bumper straight swop or will I still need a bonnet and some other stuff like I read in one thread?

Thanks in advance.

not sure if this is in the FAQs, but it's been covered multiple times in other threads.

there was 2 facelifts: one in 2005 and one in 2008. the 3 models are referred to as 8P1, 8P2 and 8P3 on this forum.

for the lateset facelift, you need:

bonnet
wings
bumper
front slam panel
lock carrier
new bonnet hinges
new headlamps
new wing mirrors (whether you need new door modules or not to get these to work is a contentious issue. one memeber has wired his straight into his central electrics board, and another has just plugged them into his old door modules and apparently they worked. i'm going to give the 2nd option a try because i've got some facelift wing mirrors waiting to go on - i'll let you know how i get on)
new grille
new foglight grilles
(your actual foglights can be reused if you have an S-Line)

if you want the xenon DRLs then you'll also need headlamp washers and auto levelling. because yours is an S-Line you may not need a new central electrics board but you might.

you then need someone to paint all this, and then there's a whole heap of coding involved.

in regards to the S3 bumper - i personally wouldn't do it but that doesn't mean it won't look good. at the end of the day, it's your car and it's YOU who needs to be happy with it!

do a google search with "audi-sport" in it and you should be able to find threads from members who've done this. this is just a summary, there is a lot more info out there

Thanks for all your advice, much appreciated. Ill do a search now and see what I can uncover.