my s3 8p build from stock!

j7yob123

Reaction score
started from stock so far done h&r springs 19s lambo style alloys and evoms induction
more to come this month!
fuel pump (apr)
intercooler (pace)
miltek turbo back
remap amd or revo
newcar001.jpg

car looks tidy, tho personally not a fan of the wheels
not heard of anyone running the pace FMIC, usual suspects are forge or THS (THS is good for over 500 bhp so a seriously good bit of kit)
with the remap personally id go Evolve, its what im using for mine and its a fantastic bit of tuning!
oh and start saving for an uprated clutch!

thx guys yea wheels are not for everyone like all wheels but wanted abit different then ch or cks everyones got them as for remap still dnt no who to go with ??? really confused which to use and the forge is a add on i just thought it will be better to ger complete replacement intercooler anyone got amd? which clutch is reconmended?

if your wanting a total new unit then go THS or pro-alloy, both seriously high quality bits with a great rep!
with the clutch, depends how far your going to be taking the tuning, if your gonna be sticking with stock turbo then a sachs clutch with oem dmf will be fine (unless your into 1/4 runs and heavy launches) otherwise youll be looking at a drag spec southbend clutch and smf (hard to live with on a daily driver)
mapping is always a lively subject, cant think of anyone with an AMD map on an S3 but ive had work done there and they know their stuff but not seen their map in action, most people go Revo as its a tried and tested tuner and produce good results, i was the first person to go Evolve on the forum and a few have followed since and everyone so far has loved it and it gives very strong figures as you can see from my sig, just waiting for funds before i can get the next stage

thx for info i want to have the 370 380 bhp bracket with what i want to do then in sumer i want turbo conversion to try get 420bhp then im done and happy

if your going BT conversion... get ready for a massive shopping list!! (engine components, a better CAI, brakes, suspension, list goes on) by the time youve done everything properly your looking at the thick end of £10k on top of stage 2 costs (its not for the faint hearted!) you need to get yourself over on to VAGOC and have a word with S3Alex as hes gone BT and has a really good build thread, all work done down at AMD Essex so they are also good people to talk to

Reactions: j7yob123
Awrite lads am planning on getting a s3 mid summer and was also looking to start tuning it asap. See how uz are talking about getting 420bhp out a s3, what kind of money is needed to mod it. N if I was planing on putting a turbo back exhaust on with a remap whats the likely 0-60 time should I be expecting?

Cheers

phantom black = FTW
buckets = FTW

i like the wheels but am not a rep man myself!! look good though, maybe even one of the nest reps ive seen on the S3.

good work! & youll love stage 2+... Just make sure you have money for a clutch mine lasted about 10 minutes of stage 2+ hahaa!!!

Awrite lads am planning on getting a s3 mid summer and was also looking to start tuning it asap. See how uz are talking about getting 420bhp out a s3, what kind of money is needed to mod it. N if I was planing on putting a turbo back exhaust on with a remap whats the likely 0-60 time should I be expecting?

Cheers

if your wanting 420+ its big money! here is a rough breakdown of whats needed
CAI - £400 (fitted)
Turbo back exhaust - £1300 (fitted)
uprated clutch - £1500-1800 (fitted)
Brake kit - £2000 (minimum) (fitted)
Coilovers - £1300 (fitted)
ARBs - £400 (fitted)
Haldex controller - £750 (fitted)
Catch can - £400 (fitted)
uprated DV - £230 (fitted)
FMIC - £1000 (fitted)
High Pressure Fuel Pump Internals - £350-400 (fitted)
mapping - £700
and thats only to a very sorted stage 2+ car
Big turbo conversion (includes bits like injectors, FPR, exhaust mods, mapping, turbo etc) £5-6k (fitted)
and at that stage you will be wanting to put uprated pistons & bolts in as well... but no idea the costs of that, but will be £££

so your basically looking at £15k like i said big money!!

with the TBE and mapping (youll need a CAI to make the most of it as well) you wont get a massive drop in 0-60 time i doubt it as S3's are hard to get off the line fast due to the 4WD system and a mapper will never load up the lower part of a map (as long as they know what they are doing) as it will trash the drivetrain, where you really notice the difference once the car is rolling and mid range acceleration, makes such a difference!!

hope this helps and if youve got any questions feel free to ask :)

Last edited:
no worries, glad to help, trust me if youve got the money to spend on a BT then its worth it as they are amazing!

no worries, glad to help, trust me if youve got the money to spend on a BT then its worth it as they are amazing!

i cant even imagine what they are like... really would love to go out in dan or alex's ones!!

i cant even imagine what they are like... really would love to go out in dan or alex's ones!!

dans must be something else as thats a good 70hp more then alexs, and alexs was seriously impressive! next time AMD do a RR day youll have to come down as sure alex will be there!

dans must be something else as thats a good 70hp more then alexs, and alexs was seriously impressive! next time AMD do a RR day youll have to come down as sure alex will be there!

mate its more a case of if you dont see me down there somethings wrong... i feel like AMD has been my 2nd home as of late!

haha yea you have been there a fair bit recently with everything thats been going on with your car between upgrades and issues!
i was down there a fair bit at one point, but not been there in ages, kinda miss the place, but not the journey there lol will be a while as well as the next thing ill need them to fit will be coilovers i think

thx guys yea wheels are not for everyone like all wheels but wanted abit different then ch or cks everyones got them as for remap still dnt no who to go with ??? really confused which to use and the forge is a add on i just thought it will be better to ger complete replacement intercooler anyone got amd? which clutch is reconmended?

Hi there....

As Jungleman has kindly said,there are a few good build threads on VAGOC,and they are well worth a look for information.

Your choice of intercooler is ideal,and exactly what I've chosen for mine.

The Sachs clutch is good for over 400lbs of torque(and I know as mine has been coping with that for several thousand miles,plus nearly 20 000 miles on Stg2+),so it is a fairly robust piece of work,but if you planned to go much above 450lbs,I would recommend the Southbend and single mass flywheel,but do be aware that it will be pretty harsh compared to what you are used to.

Remaps.....again,depending on what you want,there are a variety of solutions,but if as you say,you're planning on a BT conversion,I would recommend Revo for the software,and AMD for the conversion.

Both offer superb service and backup,and the quality of AMD's work is I think,excellent.

Be sure to get all of the basics such as suspension,diff and brakes done before the turbo kit,or you will be chasing hedges,as the standard brakes are not up to the job,and on standard settings,the suspension is too wobbly.

Dan's car was JonnyC's build,and that is all over at VAGOC as well.

Also...don't forget to add in a bit of cash for uprated engine mounts which you WILL need,and allow more cash than you think you'll need.

Last edited:
thx for that s3alex was going amd to do some bits friday but they ant got autotech pump carnt find anywhere in uk at the minute was told and no point to do the miltek and remap as will have to be remaped agin when pump on also they told me hold fire on intercooler as they are makeing one too sld be good!

thx for that s3alex was going amd to do some bits friday but they ant got autotech pump carnt find anywhere in uk at the minute was told and no point to do the miltek and remap as will have to be remaped agin when pump on also they told me hold fire on intercooler as they are makeing one too sld be good!

Not quite sure about some of what you've written there!

The Autotech internals work fine,and deliver the sort of performance that the APR pump does,but at lower cost.....remember to have the cam follower changed,although I am sure AMD will recommend and do that anyway.

There is,as AMD have said,little point in doing anything until you get the pump,as it would only involve yet another remap....if you know you're going to have Stg2+,it's worth just getting it done in one go,although Revo's map path involves minimal costs each time you change.

I can't make out from your posts if you already have an uprated intercooler or not......if you don't,then I would have AMD order a ProAlloy one for you,and go with that.
The only viable alternative is going to be the THS,unless you wanted Forge's add-on one,which doesn't appeal to me,although I know it works.

I'd advise having a long and serious chat with Shaun down at AMD,as he and the guys did all of the work on mine,and between us,we know the ins and outs of the available turbo kits.

The BSH WOA kit is lovely,and has a beautiful tubular manifold,but has fitting issues(as does the ATP),and will cost you even more than the ATP kit which I bought.....this works fine,but needs some alterations as it's not designed for RHD cars,but AMD and GT3Turbo have this sorted out now.

Do also remember the brake and chassis mods,or you will have problems.....kW and Bilstein would be the best shocks,and either Eibach or H&R ARBs,and the Haldex controller is worth the money too.

Don't stint on brakes....the VWR and AP kits are the best,but do cost the most,and avoid EBC and TarOx IMHO.

Take a bit of time,chat to Shaun....also come on over to VAGOC and have a look.

Cheers thanks a lot for the eye opener will let you know how it goes

Still carnt find a autotech!

Give it a bit of time....AMD will certainly be able to track one down for you,but it does give a bit of time to work out what you're going to do,and to plan it,which in the end can save you a lot of time and money.

springa are h and r 25 mm need to do somthing about plastics under arch as rub when going over a bump as for autotech looked everywhere and out of stock even in usa so looks like i will buy complete unit from apr! but cost around 750£ carnt wait for stock on autotech as no ones being stright with when they will have em in!

its not the wheel arch liners that your catching, there is a little screw in the top thats the culprit, whip that out and youll be fine
for the sake of £400 id wait a couple weeks and see if places like AMD, APS or the like can source you one, but its your money

u sure im not carching them got off set of 45? so they out 9mm more than standed

it holds the rear bumper on in the corner where it meets the rear wing i think , dont worry if you remove it the bumper wont fall off