Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My A3 1.8TFSI Progress Thread

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by aythree View Post
    Can somebody tell me/show me what this 'guard' is?
    You talking about the horizontal bit of plastic that fits over the bumper, at the boot opening??
    yes yes
    A3 8P 2.0TDI 140 Sport | Blue | Full Leather Heated Seat | BOSE | 6 Disc Changer | None Smoking Pack | | Nav | Xenons |
    Mods | 18" Rotiform Staggered | Tinted Windows | S3 Spoiler | 2009 S-Line t Rear | Front Chin Spoiler | Wind Deflectors | Re-Map |
    | MY11 Lights | S3 Side Skirts | Private Number Plate | Milltek Exhaust | S Line Gear knob

2. # ADS
    ADS

Ads
    License to drive

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DiKapo View Post
    yes yes
    thanks thanks

5th Gear

Status
    hey guys will take loads of pics of the trim guard and everything in a little while so hold fire. aythreee your a legend for those pics i fitted armrest yesterday using your guide was very helpful.

I was sort of lucky as my armrest had this rubber like rectangle i could remove and use a template, did that and followed your estimated measurements and got it in nice and neatly. Pics to follow.

Going to go wash my car its proper filthy and get some decent camera photos up
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

5th Gear

Status
    Took some quick snaps today after work, LED Number plate lights came all fitted fine no problems to report as of yet. They are very bright but im going to be working on toning them down a little.

2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

5th Gear

Status
    Fitted the rear LED numberplate lamps, So far so good and no problems with the computer. They are pretty bright but not to bad will try and get a night photo.

Just thinking if these are the safest option im sure removing a few LEDs or covering them will tone down the brightness some how?

5th Gear

Status
    ok update!

The wheels are done now waiting for friday slap them on! thanks to steve (Lingy) for all the advise on refurbishing.

I split all the wheels myself, The centres have been tidied up, Re used all the original bolts. The outer barells were acid dipped, powdercoated and diamond cut.

Enough talk heres some photos!
    Before

Split

Some accessories i ordered

Afters

Some other small updates to follow, Changed my Vents for S3 vents but hopefully all will be done before the weekend so i can drive down to DC11 and get more ideas lol
    Last edited by Farhan; 15th June 2011 at 19:24.

5th Gear

Status
    the rims look mint lad!

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bloblob2 View Post
    the rims look mint lad!
    +1

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

5th Gear

Status
    also, how you like the 1.8tfsi?? had mine a year now and i still think its a great engine

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bloblob2 View Post
    also, how you like the 1.8tfsi?? had mine a year now and i still think its a great engine
    Love the 1.8TFSI im just thinking maybe i should have gone DSG but its a very smooth engine. Very quiet aswell sometimes when its parked up with engine running inside the car you cannot tell the engines still on.

Love the torque band aswell with this engine its just suprising as the book figures are very moderate yet its extremely quick, Lots of useable torque on dual carriageways and motorways i never have to drop down gears.

5th Gear

Status
    yep it always seems responsive when i need. would defo go for another. not too bad on fuel aswell

5th Gear

Status
    Speedlines on, pic from dc11

4th Gear

Status
    Oops! stupid iPad!
    2006 A3 3.2 DSG
    Quattro S-Line
    Phantom black pearl
    V Maxx plus coilovers
    Speedlines- anthricite
    MY11 rear lights
    MK2 TT Vents
    Various LED's
    MK2 RNSE
    LaminX on fogs

For Sale Genuine Audi phone cradle (iPhone 4S/4)

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by farhanali View Post
    Speedlines on, pic from dc11

Sick Any more photo's? You pleased with the result?
    Glad i kept a set of these for myself want a set in 19s at some stage.
    Once again looks good fella
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks ash, more photos poss this weekend. Need to get a proper camera out iphone photos just dont help. Will be at Inters but not driving will be with someone else.

6th Gear

Status
    Missed this ,Looks very tidy mate

5th Gear

Status
    Small updates just got out this weekend and went in with the detailing. Been a while just wanted to update the mods

MY09 Rears Done

K&N 57S Intake

Remap was done with a bluefin and i now have the engine mounts, Uprated OEM DV on route.
    Next few things are bring it down to earth with a small drop space the wheels MFSW and RNS-E think im done then
    Digzz likes this.

Neutral

Status
    jesus! that is one clean motor bud, nice progress and some worthwhile mods! ..

think i may be upgrading to an S3 if funds allow in the coming months.
    AUDI TTS FOR SALE - £17k

"Started From The Bottom"

Status
    Quote : Remap was done with a bluefin and i now have the engine mounts, Uprated OEM DV on route.
    Next few things are bring it down to earth with a small drop space the wheels MFSW and RNS-E think im done then

That's what everyday says ......No car on these forms are ever done .....It's an addiction.

Loving pics thou ...
    Farhan...very clean..........

5th Gear

Status
    haha cheers lads, Dicko me to i want to get an S3 but funds wont stretch just yet and need to see what insurance is going to be like with the claim regarding the rats as it may push up my premium making it pointless to make the move.

Digz seriously LOL ill relax after all of those are done as im not wanting anything drastic on this car. Only large expenses left would be something like the Nav unit

1st Gear

Status
    Farhan, did you car have an exhaust valve standard?

If I use my S-tronic to go between P or N and D or R or S the exhaust note changes to a deep louder boomy noise, but the rev's don't change at all. Also when I drive this noise goes away then comes back near 2.8k RPM, and if I drive it say in 3rd at 3k then paddle up to 4th I hear a metallic clunk noise near the back of the car and the exhaust goes quiet again. I am pretty sure there is a flap but can't get under the car to have a look. Ideally I would want to delete the flap/valve as I like the noise all the time!
    2004 Audi A3 2.0 Tdi Sport - Lava Grey.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12