Will my A3 2.0 tdi pass an MOT withought fog lights?

chrisy t

Reaction score
Hi guys, ive upgraded my front end from 04 doube grill to single grill, s line bumper and bonnet, Ive not yet got the fogs for it so when i start the car it flashes up saying fog light bulb out. Will it fail an MOT for this? I know some cars dont have fog lights so i didnt think it would be a problem. Can i get rid of that error message? I thought if i could get rid of the message they wouldnt fail it because it just might not have any. Also if anybody is selling any 05 - 08 fog lights, pm me and i will buy them off you.

Cheers

Chrisy t

a car only needs a single rear fog light for an MOT.

If you have VCDS you can switch the bulb warning system off, thats what I've done with my Bi-xenons till I can get the correct central electronics moudule that supports them.

How can i get hold of a copy of vcds? Also, do a4 sline fog lights fit the a3 s line bumper?

Cheers
Chris

How can i get hold of a copy of vcds? Also, do a4 sline fog lights fit the a3 s line bumper?

Cheers
Chris

You can buy one from NHN who is a member of this forum !

Don't worry about not having foglights - nothing to do with MOT, and neither is anything on the DIS!

A4 fogs are unlikely to fit.

Cheers for that fossie, puts my mind at ease lol!

You can buy one from NHN who is a member of this forum !

Don't worry about not having foglights - nothing to do with MOT, and neither is anything on the DIS!

A4 fogs are unlikely to fit.
very true mate last mot mine passed the mot with the airbag light and the exhaust emissions light on apparently the emmisions were low enough and the airbag light isnt a must as not every car has an airbag