JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

daft boot locking on A3

OK have noticed a daft feature. You can unlock the boot only (doors stay locked) and then shut the boot and the boot locks and the alarm arms itself.. well great unless you leave the keys in the boot by accident !!

My friends new Ford bleeps and refuses to lock if you leave the keys in the boot by accident....

OK I am not going to use it (will check if I can disable it), but can imagine some have been unlucky enough to do this ...
    Arrived 15 Dec 2010 A3 sportback TDI 170 Quattro sport in Ibis white.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    An easy way to avoid this would be to put the key back in your pocket after opening the boot remotely.
    2007 S3 - Swivelly headlights, magic foldy mirrors, two tone warm cow seats, beepy reverse, lazy motorway button, well good talky radio with telly & map, loads of lights inside, squished steering wheel, Milltek cat-back loud bits.

dan77

Status
    I did this in my old 8L a few years ago just driven 100 miles to my dads and locked the keys in the boot, had to do a 200 mile round trip to pick up the spare on the back of his motorbike, i wont be making that mistake again!!!
    A3 1.8T sport, revo stage 1, Forge 007, Green cotton panel filter, TTpedals. . . . . SOLD
    Golf GTTDI 130 . . . . . SOLD

Current 2006 A3 2.0TDI Quattro S-Line, Revo stage one, chrome pedals, black grill, full interior and number plate LEDs retro fitted cruise control,

6th Gear

Status
    i never use the unlock button for the boot only, never seen the point of it really. As said, bit of a bugger if you leave keys in boot!!!
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
    i never use the unlock button for the boot only, never seen the point of it really. As said, bit of a bugger if you leave keys in boot!!!
    Me too , but can see the day that the missus is loading the shopping in the boot and she shuts it with the keys in the boot and it will be my fault for buying a stupid car !!!
    Arrived 15 Dec 2010 A3 sportback TDI 170 Quattro sport in Ibis white.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by musicegbdf View Post
    Me too , but can see the day that the missus is loading the shopping in the boot and she shuts it with the keys in the boot and it will be my fault for buying a stupid car !!!
    ha ha same with my Mrs!

Cant see the point in this feature to be honest, i never use it, just unlock the car! Most fo the time i'm going to get in and drive it just after opening the boot!
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh