daft boot locking on A3

musicegbdf

Reaction score
OK have noticed a daft feature. You can unlock the boot only (doors stay locked) and then shut the boot and the boot locks and the alarm arms itself.. well great unless you leave the keys in the boot by accident !!

My friends new Ford bleeps and refuses to lock if you leave the keys in the boot by accident....

OK I am not going to use it (will check if I can disable it), but can imagine some have been unlucky enough to do this ...

An easy way to avoid this would be to put the key back in your pocket after opening the boot remotely.

I did this in my old 8L a few years ago just driven 100 miles to my dads and locked the keys in the boot:banghead:, had to do a 200 mile round trip to pick up the spare on the back of his motorbike, i wont be making that mistake again!!!

i never use the unlock button for the boot only, never seen the point of it really. As said, bit of a ****** if you leave keys in boot!!!

i never use the unlock button for the boot only, never seen the point of it really. As said, bit of a ****** if you leave keys in boot!!!

Me too , but can see the day that the missus is loading the shopping in the boot and she shuts it with the keys in the boot and it will be my fault for buying a stupid car !!!

Me too , but can see the day that the missus is loading the shopping in the boot and she shuts it with the keys in the boot and it will be my fault for buying a stupid car !!!

ha ha same with my Mrs!

Cant see the point in this feature to be honest, i never use it, just unlock the car! Most fo the time i'm going to get in and drive it just after opening the boot!