EM TuningAH Fabrications
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Adam.

Thread: 2.0 TDI Single Mass Flywheel conversion Can it be done?!

Reverse Gear

Status

Exclamation 2.0 TDI Single Mass Flywheel conversion Can it be done?!

Well my DMF has a nice chatter if it gets hot so it needs to be replaced, I've seen a couple of conversions to convert it to a single mass flywheel but for top money. Has anyone on here done it and and what cost any links to conversions and reviews would be a great!
    2006 Audi A3 2.0TDI | Lava Grey | Custom Code Phase 2 Remap | Miltek DPF Delete | Pipercross Panel Filter | Pressed Metal Plates | De-Badged | Tinted Windows |
    Lots Of Ideas

Carbon Wrap To Be Attempted
    Carbon Wrap Failed.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Meow.

Status
    Sachs Perfoamnce do them.

http://en.sachsperformance.com/sachs...503/index.html

I was going to fit one to my 170 Leon but the car was damaged a few weeks prior to fitting it.

I use to have a smf on my 1.9 tdi and there is a bit of chatter but its not that bad. The diesels rev as though they are petrol with the smf

1st Gear

Status
    I have fitted the Sachs SMF and Race clutch to my 2.0Tfsi Quattro. It is a bit heavier than standard, but its got soooooooo much feel! Definately recommended by me!
    Brilliant Black A3 2.0T S-line Quattro Special Edition. S3 front brakes, Turbo back Milltek including race cat, APR Intercooler, Evoms air intake, AMD Stage 2 map, Upgraded OEM DV, Sachs Race Clutch, SMF conversion, Forge short shifters, S3 wing mirrors, S3 Rear end, Interior LED conversion, Bi-Xenon's, LED DRL's, BBS CH's, MY 09 Rear lights, Full leather, Tinted rear windows, Custom black front grills.

Reverse Gear

Status
    thanks for the replys, after more searching and hunting i have yet to find a SMF conversion for anywhere less than a grand. I phoned JBS who mapped my car and they didnt reconmend a SMF as it would chatter bad and sound like a tractor which i dont fancy as i use it as a daily and am currently not running the power to give a good excuse when anyone askes whats wrong with the car and why does it sound so bad....

I now need to find out weather a LUK or Sach flywheel is fitted as from what i know they arnt interchangable, but ill just search the forum as theres more than enough threads going about that!
    2006 Audi A3 2.0TDI | Lava Grey | Custom Code Phase 2 Remap | Miltek DPF Delete | Pipercross Panel Filter | Pressed Metal Plates | De-Badged | Tinted Windows |
    Lots Of Ideas

Carbon Wrap To Be Attempted
    Carbon Wrap Failed.

Meow.

Status
    cata_adc likes this.