Blueflame TBE Tuning Advice Please

Paullie

Banana Menace!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys, last week I bought a Blueflame full TBE with 100 Cell Sports Cat (Resonated) from Ebay. It had only been fitted to a car for a magazine shoot and had a maximum of 300 miles on it, so it was a real bargain. Even better, the company who sold it couldn't find the original lightly used downpipe and sports cat, so they sent me brand new ones.

Thing is, I contacted a tuner who does GIAC remaps asking if I should wait until after the remap to get my TBE fitted and have been advised that " the cat will be very poor quality and will have a short lifespan" and that I should buy a 200 cell sports cat instead with EC approval and that won't throw up a CEL on the dash.

I contacted the seller of the Blueflame asking if I could send it back to them (I believe I have a 7 day cooling off period after receipt of the item under the distance selling rules), but they have basically said that I have been ill advised and that their systems are of very high quality and to enjoy motoring with my new exhaust!

I have never heard of anyone having a problem with a Blueflame exhaust and don't know if the tuner has advised me as he has because the GIAC maps don't delete the check engine light unlike some others, such as Revo, Superchips, etc.

I'd really appreciate any advice you can offer me, as I really don't know what to do for the best.

Thanks in advance,

Paula :) x

thats interesting, the guy i bought my DP off also had a 200cell and told me that he originally fitted it but had problems with it so went for a 100cell... & im pretty sure alomst everyone runs a 100cell? well my 100cell is being fitted tomorrow so ill find out then if it works!!

That's really strange, yeah. I thought most ppl were running the 100 cell too (they're exactly the same price as the 200 cell) hence the reason I went for it when I saw it on Ebay. I'll look forward to you reporting back tomorrow, dude. Thanks :)

Paula x

That's really strange, yeah. I thought most ppl were running the 100 cell too (they're exactly the same price as the 200 cell) hence the reason I went for it when I saw it on Ebay. I'll look forward to you reporting back tomorrow, dude. Thanks :)

Paula x

no probelm Paula :respekt:

I've asked the seller, PPD-UK on Ebay if they would replace the brand new 100 cell sports cat for a 200 cell one (as they both cost the same), to keep my tuner happy and so I can carry on with my tuning plans, (GIAC stage 2 with some sort of CAI, Autotech HPFP & RS4 FPR). If they say no, then I may have to go with a tuner whose stage 2 remaps eliminate the CEL, such as Revo, but I particularly like that GIAC maps won't increase the flash counter in my ECU . My last car was a stage 3 Astra VXR Nurburgring with inlet cam and I had a Remus TBE with 100 cell sports cat and latterly a Scorpion TBE with the 200 cell cat and had no probs with either of them. Anyone running an Lambda spacer on their downpipe to stop the CEL being thrown up?

Paula x :)

Got my 200 cell sports cat to complete my Blueflame TBE system today and am delighted to report that it has an angled O2 spacer already built into the pipe, so I shouldn't have any problems with the CEL coming on, either remapped or not. I'd bought a couple of O2 spacers incase I needed them, but I'm well chuffed the guys at Blueflame are on the ball. :)

Paula x