What a surprise!!!!

Sock

Shark in a Goldfishes clothing
Reaction score
Well my car has been into Audi and they say the can't find a fault with it!

So the fact it beds you into the seat when you pull off is normal?????

The service manager has taken it home as a test to report back in the morning but they did agree the gear box is hard into gear.

The did discover an oil leak on my EGR valve so I'll give them that, but the fact that the accelerator dies nothing after half way, poor fuel consumption , ***** cold start and rattle when cold all point to an injector to me?

Plus a fault in the gear box as if slams into gear and pulls you forward when slowing sowing down is a concern

What do you folks think?!?!!?!!? :wacko:

Orite mate,

i have the same problem, (2.0 tdi)

when in traffic the car is stuck in gear one, and you have to yank it out to get it into neutral, and pulls the car forward.

I have been told its possibly a gear linkage problem, but most likely the clutch needs replacing.

Hope that helps..

Mine is a 2.0 tdi s tronic

And it had a new gear box and mechatronic unit only 6000 miles ago lol

When you pull of from a standstill it feels likeva manual car would if you ripped the clutch up and it litterally jumps into action

Hopefully they will get to the bottom of it today :(

When you pull of from a standstill it feels likeva manual car would if you ripped the clutch up and it litterally jumps into action

I have a 2.0TDI S - Tronic (10 plate), mine goes through stages where it does this, you can be at the lights let off the brake to press the accelerator and it jumps forward...

It's like the car is stuttering, like it isnt going into gear??

As it's intermitant (and my luck) when I took it into Audi it wasn't doing it so they couldn't find anything...

Touch wood it hasn't done it for a while so maybe it's got over it....

Paul

Hmmm doesn't sound good. We have a 170 TDi s-tronic and it is smooth with it take off and changes so a problem is there to be found!!

Yeah that's it

Mine does it all the time and audi have agreed it's not right but because there were 'no fault codes' they couldn't identify the problem

They did say they can adjust the biting point of the clutches so hopefully that will fix it. They are also going to reset the gear box computer

They also said they have had a lot of people come in complaining about the poor fuel consumption of the 170 bhp models so it would appear it's just one of the characteristics of the car

Cheers for your replies :)

Audi have just rang to say they can't find any problem with the gear box and it feels fine :(

Being as they aren't charging me anything and have fixed an oil leak I suppose I can't complain but I expressed my concern with the way it pulls off

Just have to see how it goes I suppose

I assume you aren't putting into neutral everytime you stop at traffic lights etc or activating the hill hold function...?

I just keep it in gear at lights etc

What's the hill hold function? Lol

I just keep it in gear at lights etc

What's the hill hold function? Lol

If you stop at traffic lights on a hill with your foot on the brake, then take your foot of the brake when the lights change, the car will hold in that position for around two seconds to stop you rolling back whilst moving your foot across to the accelerator. Sometimes, the brakes are still holding while your trying to pull away, and this will result in a jerk as the brakes let go...

I assume you aren't putting into neutral everytime you stop at traffic lights etc or activating the hill hold function...?

I've tried putting in neutral, leaving it in gear, etc.... As I've said it isn't doing it at the moment so just see what happens...

What is annoying though is I have an S Tronic car and I set off that slowly just in case it happens that I get smoked at any set of lights off 1.0litre micros lol!!!

Lol yeah I'm the same, getting beat of the line by grannies in corsa's!

Wonder if it is a problem with the hill start thing coming on all the time?

If you stop at traffic lights on a hill with your foot on the brake, then take your foot of the brake when the lights change, the car will hold in that position for around two seconds to stop you rolling back whilst moving your foot across to the accelerator. Sometimes, the brakes are still holding while your trying to pull away, and this will result in a jerk as the brakes let go...

Is this standard on all DSG boxes? I'm pretty sure that when I'm on a hill and take my foot off the brake the car starts to roll back. I'll have to test if out fully later.

But it took me by surprise when it first happened as I have a Tiptronix box in my FTO and that holds the bite all the time.

Have to say I've never noticed mine roll back on a hill

Reverse gear is fun though, it's kind of all or nothing so backing on to the drive is fun

Last edited:
It depends if it has hill hold or not, the early DSG cars didn't have , it then was an option. Do you let the electronic clutch engauge before you hit the gas ? When you release the brake there is a fraction of a second before the electronic clutch enguages drive and if you give it gas before that it could feel like it is slamming forward ?

Best bet is to ask the dealer to drive their demonstrator with DSG and compare how it drives.

Paul

Well I have got it back and what ever they have done has sorted it. it now pulls away smoothly and all the bumps etc are gone.

They reset every thing so the gear box will learn to my style etc so hopefully it wont happen again.

Well I have got it back and what ever they have done has sorted it. it now pulls away smoothly and all the bumps etc are gone.

They reset every thing so the gear box will learn to my style etc so hopefully it wont happen again.

Good good, if mine starts doing it again I'll ask them to reset mine

Did it only start doing this once the new gearbox was fitted?

The new box was fitted before I bought it, but it was fine when I got it just seem to start a few weeks or so ago