advice needed, didn't avail of free alloy upgrade!

dorgs

Reaction score
Hi all,

well when i ordered the car in Ireland there was a free exterior s-line pack which included 17" gmbh alloys. When i was finalising the car spec, the dealer sent on a pdf with various alloy styles (very poor pics). I picked a 5 spoke design which i assumed was of same quality/value as the other styles. I've since discovered that there was only 1 s-line gmbh style alloy(worth €1800), so i unknowingly specced an inferior alloy.

I was planning on running 18's anyhow, so would have been changing. Just wondering what you think I should do? Had i been made aware of the fact I was knocking €1800 off my car value, I obviously wouldn't have done so....the dealer has been very helpful so far, but I haven't brought this up with him yet as I've still to see the car.

well the car arrived last fri so its too late to change spec, will be viewing it on wed so will bring it up then. Only realised it the other night, when playing around with the audi configurator!

If you wanted the S line pack then surely you would have known what alloys were part of the pack and specced them?

I'd say it was your fault mate, you picked them! Dont they come with 18's then like UK cars?

no it was a free upgrade for all irish cars to the exterior pack (only offered 17's), didn't know which alloy was part of the pack. Assumed that all the alloys he sent on in pdf were same standard.