Anyone using 8 x 19" alloys ET 42?

andi1

WWW.APR-REMAPS.CO.UK
Reaction score
Ive just got myself a new set of rims in this size 8 x 19" alloys ET 42 but im wondering if theyre to low an offset as they seem to stick out quite far on the front. Should i have got an ET45??

The tyres thats on them currently are 255`s and ive been told to run 225`s bum i still left wondering if these will stick out too far on my a3 (even with the 225`s on)

Is anyone else running the size wheel??

I run 8x18 et41 on the front and it is miles from poking, I could easy run a 8mm spacer and still be fine.

attachment.php
mmm these are 19"`s i think if i put a 8mm spacer in it would be like a tractor

I think its the tyres because theyre 255`s ive just been out a drove around the block over speed bumps and the tyres caught front and back :(

attachment.php

attachment.php

You sure that isn't lower than et42? Or if it's 8.5"?

This is how mind sits

50bf1cd3.jpg

Hi wheels definately had ET42 and 19 x 8j on the rear of them m8.

what did they come off they look like there sitting right out at the front?? Im having a set of 18x8.5 et32 on mine next week and if yours is anything to go buy im gonna be cruising in a beach buggy you sure there not a lower it or wider wheels? they look like the ones of my rents TT there 19x9

stamped 8j too? might be stupid but gotta ask...

They look about right to me considering your on normal suspension and too big a tyre.

Lowering your car as much as the S3 in the pics helps tuck them a lot better.

Looking at the auction on ebay, not sure why you paid £500 for them when you need to spend another £400+ on new tyres? You can buy brand new with 225's for 700 quid on there.

Would 8" wheels really have 255mm tyres on? I reckon they're 9", or at least 8.5".

Would 8" wheels really have 255mm tyres on? I reckon they're 9", or at least 8.5".

Yeah replicas only tend to come in 8's these days so if you have an A6 they will put 255's on. These are more than likely off an A6 too. Genuine A6 ones are 8.5x19 ET48 though.

<P>I bought them knowing the tyres are potentially too wide by theyre as new 255 35 19" continentals so theyre £170 each new so im sure they will sell to&nbsp;fund a set of new 225`s</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Is any one else here running the same size whell with sucess (19" x 8J) ET42??</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>I just dont want to buy buying a new set of 225&nbsp; tyres to find theyre still too wide</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>thanks</P>

I've 19x8.5J ET45 on and there fine if its just me in the car. Quite a bit of rubbing if i have 3 in the back. Thats with 235/35/19 tyres and H&R 45mm springs

Change those tyres for 215/35 or 225/35 and you'll have no bother

My A3 - a set on Flickr
Theres some photos to give you an idea what they fit like. Bear in mind that these were taken 2 days after the springs were fitted so it has dropped slightly

According to the offset calculator my wheels are sat in by an extra 3mm than yours so i guess i should ok if i go for 225 tyres?

Heres hoping - Im sure someone on here must be running the exact same wheel size??

attachment.php

Last edited:
hmm its pot hole city round here i really didnt want to run 215`s but i am planning on getting some h & r springs in future also

I'm running 8.5J x 19" Sportec Mono 10s with an ET42 offset and 225 tyres with no issues whatsoever. My car is lowered on 30mm H&R Springs. I will get some pictures up soon if that helps.

Sorry for Hi-Jacking but im still unsure about the set up i am about to run.

Width: 8.5J
Offset: 45mm
Size: 18"

Tyres: 225/35/18

I am currently on coilovers and i am wanting to go much lower will i have issues?

I'm running 8.5J x 19" Sportec Mono 10s with an ET42 offset and 225 tyres with no issues whatsoever. My car is lowered on 30mm H&R Springs. I will get some pictures up soon if that helps.

yes cheers m8 that would help as yours should be a tad wider than mine then so would be usefull to see

thanks

Here's a quick pic (taken this morning in the car park) of one of the front wheels. You can see the rim is out a way and there's not a whole lot of protection with the the 225 tyres, but I like them:

Sportec1.jpg

And here's a quick one of the car when I first put them on, complete with winter muck:

Sportec2.jpg

And by the way, when I say the rim is a way out, I personally think it's pretty much perfect. The rims are not sticking out further than the wheel arch/bodywork and no further than my old RS6 wheels with spacers.

Hope you manage to get to the bottom of your wheel/tyre issue! It'll be worth it when you have it sorted and the new wheels are on.

I took a wheel offtoday measured it and checked the offset by using two pieces of wood it is indeed et42 so at least i know its not et35 or something like that. lol