Chris NottVolks Autos
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: My Ibis white S3 transformation

5th Gear

Status

My Ibis white S3 transformation

Owned the S3 just over 20 months now are in that time its had a few makeovers and lots of indecision but innovation comes from indecision . Started off a standard S3.

The current spec is as follows

ENGINE: MILLTEK TURBO BACK EXHAUST, ITG INTAKE, REVO STAGE 2+, AUTOTECH FUEL PUMP, RS4 FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR, FORGE DV VALVE, SACHS CLUTCH, MODIFIED ENGINE BAY COVER

PERFORMANCE: 365 BHP, 380 FT-LBS TORQUE

SUSPENSION: KW V3 COILOVERS, H&R ARBS

BODYWORK: MY10 TAILGATE WITH SHORTENED PLATE RECESS, MODIFIED RS6 BLACK
    OPTICS GRILL, MY09 FACELIFT REAR VALANCE, MY11 FACELIFT TAILLIGHTS, DE WIPERED, MY11 B-PILLARS, LAMIN-X ON HEADLIGHTS (TINT)

INTERIOR: RS6 STEERING WHEEL, EXTERIOR COLOUR CODED SEAT BACKS, LEATHER PARCEL SHELF, LEATHER KNEE RESTS, VARIOUS INTERIOR TRIMS COLOUR CODED TO MATCH EXTERIOR, OEM S3 BUCKET SEATS, TT VENTS, LED BULBS, INTERIOR LIGHT PACK, LIGHT/RAIN SENSOR, PRIVACY GLASS, FRONT CENTRE ARMREST, AUTO DIMMING/FOLDING MIRRORS, PARK ASSIST

WHEELS & TYRES: BENTLEY CONTINENTAL GT RIMS, FALKEN 452S 215/35/19

I.C.E: BOSE SOUND SYSTEM, CD CHANGER, SDS VOICE RECOGNITION, ALPINE IPOD KIT, RNE-E SAT NAV, BLUETOOTH PREP

Transferred a few bits which I had purchased for my previous A3 over to the S3 including the interior and the BBS CK's,

Had a set of Rotiform BLQ's along the way which i ran for a few months

One of my favourite mods is the RS6 front grill

Had a bit of a setup back last December, cut a long story short it went on its holidays and ended up coming home with a new engine from the facelift S3

Piston was a little poorly to say the least

While I was under the bonnet decided the engine covers were in need of a new lease of life so out came the paint

Have done a few things in the interior. Door trims, gear gaitor surround, TT vents, steering wheel surround and the glove box trims have been painted Ibis white. The knee rest triangles have been retrimmed in leather with white stitching. Set of custom mats.

One of my favourite interior mods is the painted bucket seats and harness holders

Had the parcel shelf trimmed in black leather with a white insert

Was getting ready for new stopping power as the pads were nearly metal to metal so decided on some oem discs which I had grooved

I shortened the front recess by fitting the rs6 grill but the rear number plate recess has bugged me for a long time with me running a shortened plate (road legal) so after purchasing a facelift tailgate the transforming started

Deciding on the wheels to run for the show season was a lot of indecision, thanks to Jules he was selling the Bentleys which I had wanted to run for a long time but didnt want to run as Jules was running at the time. The car sat on blocks of wood for three weeks deciding on what colour scheme to run on them.

Paint on the front end was getting a little untidy so was booked in for a make over, along with painting the tailgate the front bumper and bonnet was painted.

March soon came around an it was time of Ultimate dubs once again so it spent a few days in the garage all been cleaned up.

With the paint been new decided some tape was in order to travel down to Ultimate Dubs

Had an awesome weekend down at the show

All the hard work finally paid of winning one of the top 5 Audi

A massive thanks to all those that have helped with the car over the months, Tim @ truepaint for the tailgate, Newmills Autobody for the paint, Sprayworld for the wheels and interior trims, MJ interiors for the leather and all at PeakVag for putting up with my indecision
    MrWhItEwOlF likes this.
    Previous
    S
    Ibis White - 2007

Current
    A5 Ibis White - 2007
    S3 Black - 2001

VCDS user

2. # ADS
    ADS

Air Ride is for Ballers!!

Status
    looks awesome matt!!! awesome transformation and well deserved win at UD

3rd Gear

Status
    Absolutely stunning Matt
    One of the best S3s in the country in my eyes,over the last year you have really stepped it up

It must be the good company your keeping

Sorry it has taken you so long to do this,it must be all the hard work on mine thats slowed you down
    Always appreciated bro
    A3,tdi sportback,remaped,custom turbo back zorst,green filter,19"speedlines,airlift ,xenons,votex side skirts & spoiler,smoothed sline front,s3 back bumper, s3 mirror's,red nappa,s3 vents,pedals, gearknob,fbmfsw,opensky and more. ow and an RS4

For sale ....dolphin grey tdi 2006 front and back bumpers with grill,fogs etc,mirrors,sportback standard rear lights and mudflaps.
    All going cheap lol
    Also my mint 19 x 9 polished and red faced speedlines,with all good toyo t1rs,coming soon :o)

3rd Gear

Status
    I wish i had one of these

A3,tdi sportback,remaped,custom turbo back zorst,green filter,19"speedlines,airlift ,xenons,votex side skirts & spoiler,smoothed sline front,s3 back bumper, s3 mirror's,red nappa,s3 vents,pedals, gearknob,fbmfsw,opensky and more. ow and an RS4

For sale ....dolphin grey tdi 2006 front and back bumpers with grill,fogs etc,mirrors,sportback standard rear lights and mudflaps.
    All going cheap lol
    Also my mint 19 x 9 polished and red faced speedlines,with all good toyo t1rs,coming soon :o)

5th Gear

Status
    Seats are my favourite detail
    A3 2.0TFSI quattro Sportback Lava Grey | | GIAC K03 Extreme Map | Autotech HPFP | RS4 Fuel Regulator | Neuspeed P-Flo | BSH PCV Fix | MV Sport DP | S3 Intake Cam | 285 BHP & 320 lb Ft Torque
    Votex Kit | TD Pro race 1.2 | Schwarze Audi Rings | Alu Rails | Sachs Clutch | H & R Now gone. Current- A5 Cab 2012

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    Well played Matt. Awesome read

Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro

Neutral

Status
    very impressive progression there mate, some serious money spent but definetely worth every penny by the looks of the final outcome, top job!
    AUDI TTS FOR SALE - £17k

6th Gear

Status
    Good Work ! Love it ...

2nd Gear

Status
    looks great! where did you get the mats from?

Lukey.T

Status
    Love it! them wheels are the one! :D well done buddy

4th Gear

Status
    Wow!!!! Seats and grill are my fave part. The rest of it is just ad stunning though!!!
    Current:
    A3 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 140

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    That's one decent job, interior is my favourite.

Good job

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

5th Gear

Status
    in a word...

6th Gear

Status

You shouldnt have wasted your time, could have come round mine (1 min drive from UD) for a quick snow foam! :-)

However i'm loving the idea of light blue bentleys on a white car!
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

Air Ride is for Ballers!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_R View Post
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana]

You shouldnt have wasted your time, could have come round mine (1 min drive from UD) for a quick snow foam! :-)

the tape is to stop stone chips on the long drive down mate, he washed his car at UD the day before

4th Gear

Status
    Stunning!!
    Now a happy owner of an A3 Sportback S Line 170 TDI
    My Posh Golf

Audi Heaven

Status
    Loving the RS6 grill and Bentley wheels!! Nice car...
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

Vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    Love the seats! what else have you got planned?
    Audi A3 2.0tdi S Line - Xenons, RNS-E, Bose, Black & Grey duo leather, MY11 rear lights, Shark Performance remap 183 bhp, Optics Grill with American plate delete, S3 Pedals, S3 vents, Weitec Coilovers, MY11 Black Edition FBSW

events moderator

Status
    awesome work there matey , congrats on a well deserved top 5 audi trophy after so much hard work it payed off well , how did you get the front no plate to hold on after i remmember a thread last year that you were talking about it keep up the good work buddy
    regards
    fran
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

5th Gear

Status
    Always liked your car mate, really nice touches to finish it off. Sounds like a beast as well win win

2nd Gear

Status
    absolutly blown away by this the attension to detail second to none, must say the white interior bit's are my favourite though, congrats on the award
    Solar Orange S3 Black Edition - S-tronic - Interior Ligth Pack - Comfort Pack - Technology Pack - Folding Mirrors - Tyre Pressure Monitor

Stage 2+ REVO map - AP 6 pot BBK - KW Vs 1 - Custom Supersrint quad exhaust - RS3 Front grill - BBS CH-R - Forge Catch Can - Forge DV - THS Engine & Transmision mounts - ITG induction kit - H&R spacers - H&R ARB's - Pro Alloy intercooler - Autotech HPFP

"where there's a will there's a way"

Interior Next!!

Status
    errmmmmm. wow??

Seats looks f'in amazing!!! how do you keep your leather so mint? youve had them for a while now!!

As i said to Ian the white backs on the seats look sooo good! making me think... (silver)

Best S3 out there imho... all round smashed it.. fast, looks Ace & great build.

also loving the bootlid!!
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

1st Gear

Status
    That looks the dogs ******** mattandrew,thats just how i want mine to look with the wheels and grill,perfect.Where you at the krispy kremes meet in manchester on sunday?

1st Gear

Status
    Only just started coming back on here and see this, making me wanna 'amend' my ibis....

The white interior is awesome

Love this picture...

Looks the ish.... Great job....
    Ibis - BE 170 S-Tronic

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks for all the postive feedback, appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by luke1987 View Post
    looks awesome matt!!! awesome transformation and well deserved win at UD
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by roston100 View Post
    looks great! where did you get the mats from?
    Got them from http://www.justmatz.co.uk/index.php top service from Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Lee_R View Post

ill have to remember that for next year, also liked the blue bentleys

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy_27 View Post
    Love the seats! what else have you got planned?
    Nothing for the time been, need to concentrate on modding my house now, haha

Quote Originally Posted by FranA3 View Post
    awesome work there matey , congrats on a well deserved top 5 audi trophy after so much hard work it payed off well , how did you get the front no plate to hold on after i remmember a thread last year that you were talking about it keep up the good work buddy
    regards
    fran
    thanks mate, the front plate has two long screws which go through the grill and into the front cross member, 30 second job to remove

Quote Originally Posted by ~RS~ View Post
    Always liked your car mate, really nice touches to finish it off. Sounds like a beast as well win win
    Cheers, the little touches make it so much more enjoyable to drive

Quote Originally Posted by S3RYE View Post
    errmmmmm. wow??

Seats looks f'in amazing!!! how do you keep your leather so mint? youve had them for a while now!!

As i said to Ian the white backs on the seats look sooo good! making me think... (silver)

Best S3 out there imho... all round smashed it.. fast, looks Ace & great build.

also loving the bootlid!!
    yeah had them a good while now. when getting out of the car, i always put my hand on the door kick plate and lift myself out, saves wear on the bolsters, got that much into the habbit looks a bit weird when i get out of mates cars.
    Get them done, finishes them off. yeah really happy with the bootlid, finishes the rear off nicely

Quote Originally Posted by sturs4 View Post
    That looks the dogs ******** mattandrew,thats just how i want mine to look with the wheels and grill,perfect.Where you at the krispy kremes meet in manchester on sunday?

That was me mate, should be having a run over to the may meet with a few others so come and say hello

Quote Originally Posted by Rhymesaka View Post
    Only just started coming back on here and see this, making me wanna 'amend' my ibis....

The white interior is awesome

Love this picture...

Looks the ish.... Great job....
    Cheers, you need to get moidding then, haha
    Previous
    S
    Ibis White - 2007

Current
    A5 Ibis White - 2007
    S3 Black - 2001

VCDS user

1st Gear

Status
    Ive got a show the night before so hopefully il be home in time to have a ride over.Ive been to quite alot of KK meets when i had my mkv R32,great bunch of people.Il drag my mate along in his A4.

Interweb creep

Status
    Looking forward to seeing how the 'plans' turn out, sick car Matt, all it needs now is some carbon :wink:

BBS SUPER RS FTW

Audi TDI Power!

Status
    You've made me want an RS6 grill so much on mine! Awesome car and read mate

Audi A3 Ibis White Black Edition 2.0TDI
    Stage 1 - 180bhp
    / 300lbft torque | iPod Connection | Phone Prep/Bluetooth | Cruise Control | Exclusive Line Nappa Leather | Model de-badge

ABT Tuning | Audi Driver Magazine |Shell V Power | Revolution247.com | Audi-Sport.net
    Progress Thread: Click here for more photos!

The King of Cannock

Status
    Matt

Air, OZ, Tarrox, on a TDI

Interweb creep

Status
    Well done mate for winning best Audi at Springfest

BBS SUPER RS FTW

5th Gear

Status
    Awesome mate, looks fantastic and congratulations on the (Top 5) I really loved the CK's in all honesty but the Bentlys are more show I guess! Also can't help but think the put into that car mate lol Im guessing it's not your daily?
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

1st Gear

Status
    saw this car in the flesh today at pod and wot a treat,keep it up

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by IanS3 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing how the 'plans' turn out, sick car Matt, all it needs now is some carbon :wink:
    Ill leave the carbon to you mate, unless i get bored and want a revamp. suppose we could swap haha

Quote Originally Posted by jackj View Post
    You've made me want an RS6 grill so much on mine! Awesome car and read mate
    Thanks, not a mod for the faint hearted

Quote Originally Posted by IanS3 View Post
    Well done mate for winning best Audi at Springfest

Cheers, was a good show. We came away with 4 trophies in all

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    Awesome mate, looks fantastic and congratulations on the (Top 5) I really loved the CK's in all honesty but the Bentlys are more show I guess! Also can't help but think the put into that car mate lol Im guessing it's not your daily?
    Yeah mostley for shows, sold the CK's but ive got CH black editions to put on the car when I wana go out and have fun in the car and use it to its potential. if I hadn't of been able to do the majourity of the work myself it wouldn't of happened. A few quid had been spent but all worth it. Luckily i dont have to use as a daily, thats what ive got my caddy van for.

Quote Originally Posted by danny_s3 View Post
    saw this car in the flesh today at pod and wot a treat,keep it up

Should of come over and said hi, a big thanks to Phil the gf's brother for taking the car for me on sunday and cleaning it all up, I was working down there so turned up at 11.30 and all the hard work was done.
    Previous
    S
    Ibis White - 2007

Current
    A5 Ibis White - 2007
    S3 Black - 2001

VCDS user

Neutral

Status
    I have to say, I love this car. Loving the interior, and the grill, however, I must apologise but the wheels ruin it for me. I dont lke the bentleys, it just doesnt suit.. Love the rest of the car loads though, you have done an incredible job on it.

5th Gear

Status
    Yesterday made a road trip down south to have a video shoot with Stephen Brooks and a mk4 r32

Heres some of his previous work

High Peak Lows Dubs 2010
    High Peaks Low Dubs on Vimeo

Only Air
    Only Air on Vimeo

Heres a few pics I took with my Blackberry camera, oops I forgot mine. Will update when I get the proper ones

Previous
    S
    Ibis White - 2007

Current
    A5 Ibis White - 2007
    S3 Black - 2001

VCDS user

5th Gear

Status
    very nice matt

"Started From The Bottom"

Status
    Love the Videos...........Maybe me Rich need a video with Stephen Brooks for both are cars.....

www.DubClique.net

Status
    Love the car, some good details mate. The tailgate is epic. Timmy teased me with pictures along the way, made me want a private plate just to do this!

Only thing I dislike is the front grill, looks abit chavvy to me, oh and the 2008 wheels! Other than that, looks lovely mate. x

I <3 bass

Status
    4th pic is the best car looks awesome. Love the Bentleys.

Boycie

Status
    Looks great Matt!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast