Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status

Cool Moving away soon but still about at odd times!!!!!!!

Well the time has come where we are finally emigrating to Australia!!! Wanted to say a huge thank you to so many who have made me feel very welcome here and accepted me (cough Nige!) for me and my determination to do my own mods etc even though I am a female!!! lol Not flying until the end of April but after the 31st wont have internet access as much so wanted to do this now.

The banter has been great and ive made a few friends along the way. Asked lots of questions and got lots of help too. Paddy, you are a star and a friend! Nige is a friend we will be intouch with, had lots of help from Mike Foster, Scottie and Phil amongst many others. Oh and Joe, Leon and Jase have been great! And a big thanks to the members from Oz who have helped me with the CRA's. Sorry if I have missed names off but its been a mad mad week getting ready for the container so the heads gone!!!

I have met a number of you at shows last year and must admit this forum has a great crowd amongst it and I will miss not going to the shows this summer. But happily I got the car done for one last year so happy days! Sure the mods will continue but at a slower pace.

I just wanted to let you know i'm not going totally from the forum but with time differences I wont be on at usual times etc....... Oh and if its nice and sunny, I wont be able to see the lap top screen by the pool as the glare will be too much lol

Will get some pics up when the cars arrive!

But when I get over there, with tinny in hand I will think of you!
    Last edited by Sarah's A3; 25th March 2011 at 23:42.

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

2. # ADS
    ADS

events moderator

Status
    aww im so happy for you sarah (and very jealous too) have fun down under and make sure you keep in touch with us all on here and keep us updated with new mods and lots of picys of your car when its in ozz all the best
    fran .xx
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

3rd Gear

Status
    Hi never met you unfortunately but you will love OZ, i was over there for a year and am going back in September.. Where are you going?? I was on the Goldcoast in Queensland just outside Surfers Paradise. Car scene is immense over there but its all fords and holdens (vauxhalls) all with V8's and ridiculous horsepower. I had a R33 skyline and a V8 Supercharged Holden Ute for work. Wish i could have took my Car out there..
    You'll need these phrases scooner, rooted, bro, and they do say faired income lol..
    And the best bit petrol is about 60p a litre now it was 50p when i was there but its gone up a bit, still $50 about 30 to fill your car puts a smile on your face. Your gonna love it
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabs View Post
    Hi never met you unfortunately but you will love OZ, i was over there for a year and am going back in September.. Where are you going?? I was on the Goldcoast in Queensland just outside Surfers Paradise. Car scene is immense over there but its all fords and holdens (vauxhalls) all with V8's and ridiculous horsepower. I had a R33 skyline and a V8 Supercharged Holden Ute for work. Wish i could have took my Car out there..
    You'll need these phrases scooner, rooted, bro, and they do say faired income lol..
    And the best bit petrol is about 60p a litre now it was 50p when i was there but its gone up a bit, still $50 about 30 to fill your car puts a smile on your face. Your gonna love it
    Cheers and shame we didnt get to those northern meets. We are off to Perth WA, well just north of it. Went about 2 years ago to validate visas and loved the place. So laid back, warm and welcoming! Cant ask for more!! Will brush up on the phrases lol and yup we did notice the v8s, oh heaven!!!!

Mauritus Blue 3.2 V6 S Line Quattro DSG Xenons Sunroof Leather Sat Nav/Changer/TV/Text W8 & Int Light Pack Dark H/Lining Tints PDC S3 Kit '11 Rears Sachs/Eibachs & more... Build Thread

6th Gear

Status
    As fran said very happy and jealous
    Enjoy and take care of yourself and the family.
    I'm sure you will enjoy it and keep us updated on your move and car. Have fun in oz would love to go there
    Last edited by Ash B; 26th March 2011 at 11:05.
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

3rd Gear

Status
    Ha ha Love it, i would say i might see you over there but i'll be about 3500 miles away, think its a 4 day drive from surfers to perth. Good luck with the move,
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

S3 (8P)

Status
    Good luck
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

Audi Heaven

Status
    Have fun in Oz Sarah.
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    Your PM box is full S :-)

6th Gear

Status
    Aw well it'll be sad to see less input from you. Your car was one of my favourites, not least because you did the work yourself. Wish I had enough courage to whip out the angle grinder!!

What prompted the move? I've never been lucky enough to go to Australia but I'd love to go there for part of my medical training.

Best of luck with your move, and have a safe trip.
    2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line.
    DSG | 18" BBS Pescaras | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | Symphony II | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
    MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Weitec Hicon GTs | RNS-E 2010 | Controls Pack (Red Stitching)
    PLANS: Dumbos | 8P3 S-Line Rear Bumper | OEM Parking Sensors

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:
    2005 Ebony Black A3 1.6 Sport tiptronic. You will be missed!
    1997 BMW 316i Coupe M-Sport. You won't be missed quite so much!

Neutral

Status
    Good luck. Thanks for the help/advice when I was looking for a 3.2. You're right - they're brilliant cars!

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    Your PM box is full S :-)
    Just emptied it, sorry P

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sub39h View Post
    Aw well it'll be sad to see less input from you. Your car was one of my favourites, not least because you did the work yourself. Wish I had enough courage to whip out the angle grinder!!

What prompted the move? I've never been lucky enough to go to Australia but I'd love to go there for part of my medical training.

Best of luck with your move, and have a safe trip.
    Thank you, glad you appreciated my efforts.

Well we've wanted it for many years, mainly for the more laid back way of life, warmer days and hopefully the oportunities! You should do it, go there and done your training, nothing ventured, nothing gained eh!!

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jon208 View Post
    Good luck. Thanks for the help/advice when I was looking for a 3.2. You're right - they're brilliant cars!
    You are more than welcome, anytime. Like I say, I will still be coming on, just not the same times. Believe me, in the summer on warm days the car gets even better! Enjoy..

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Sarah, it all started with a BMC CDA, haggling over a fiver, cant say I ever regretted it tbh, you've shown what a friend is, also shown what a friend isnt (you know what/who I mean), hopefully I've recip'd.

You know our feelings on the matter, you'll be missed, we wish you, Dave & the girls all our best, from N, M & little I

Hope to see you all down under sometime in future girl.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Status
    Blimey Nige, is that in code or what

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    lol, its northern :P

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    Good Luck

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    lol, right back at ya Nige. And any time in Oz.

lol, yeah P its northern!
    Last edited by Sarah's A3; 27th March 2011 at 22:43.

Neutral

Status
    Sarah - many thanks for all your advice, and friendly welcome to a newbie!
    Enjoy the life, and best wishes :-)

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by khyberpass View Post
    Sarah - many thanks for all your advice, and friendly welcome to a newbie!
    Enjoy the life, and best wishes :-)
    You are more than welcome anytime and thank you

Neutral

Status
    Hey Sarah,

I've not been on here that long but did see that you were welcoming to all us Audi noobs so I'd like to thank you for that and wish you good luck down under..... I'm not jealous, not one little bit.

T.
    '07 A3 1.8TFSi | Brilliant Black | 18" RS6 Style Alloy's | H&R's | MudFlaps | Exhaust Tips |

I 'loves' my wife, I 'likes' my car.. I have to remember that.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    All the best Sarah in your future

6th Gear

Status
    Have fun Sarah, watch you don't get too much Sun, like everything in life moderation is the key

Paul
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

5th Gear

Status
    Good luck with the move down under
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Well tonight I am Audi less! Had a hard weekend cleaning both cars, we are shattered lol but the day came to load them in a 40' container!!!!!

All tethered and ready to go! Sad but excited!!! Now have an old Daewoo to knock about in for a few weeks!!!!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Glad you cleaned the car Sarah

events moderator

Status
    hope you and the cars get there in one peace

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Glad you cleaned the car Sarah

Yeah cheers Nate, appreciate everything and wish we could have done it different. Not as good a job but they will be doing it over there apparently, hey ho

Status
    Should have taken it down to my local Tesco....4.99 for a complete wash with just a mug of water

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    lol, yeah P but dirty again by the time its home!! lol tbh it gave me time to think and reminisce!!!

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's A3 View Post
    Yeah cheers Nate, appreciate everything and wish we could have done it different. Not as good a job but they will be doing it over there apparently, hey ho
    Nothing to worry about Sarah, hope you settle in ok, and well done for doing it!

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Hope life in Australia treats you well!! It'll be tough having so many BBQ's, but just work through it. And will you really have a pool? Surely your mr can add some cracking pics to the "pics of your mrs" thread. Ha

Don't be a stranger to the site, we accept anyone.

Sad face that you're leaving though!

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    lol, God yeah definately a pool!!!!!!! Cant wait to sit in it, beer in hand!!!! Pics will follow but of the car lol! You dont want to see me with no tan lol

Loving the anonymity

Status
    lol, God yeah definately a pool!!!!!!! Cant wait to sit in it, beer in hand!!!! Pics will follow but of the car lol! You dont want to see me with no tan lol
    No tan...none of us here have tan's. Us British are used to pasty White people ha.

I'd love a pool, morning swims would be awesome. Get some house/ pool pics up when you can, will be nice to see what it's all like.

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy88 View Post
    No tan...none of us here have tan's. Us British are used to pasty White people ha.

I'd love a pool, morning swims would be awesome. Get some house/ pool pics up when you can, will be nice to see what it's all like.
    agree with all that lol my mate had a 4 week holiday to sidney last year to see what its like for when they move out there they said its stunning

MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid

Status
    Will do then. Lets hope we find something good!

Fossie

Status
    Good luck Sarah - when do you depart ?

EDIT : should have read your first post - bloody red wine again !! Look forward to the pics

Mike xx
    Last edited by mike foster; 30th March 2011 at 00:05.

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Will do then. Lets hope we find something good!
    Am I right in thinking you haven't got a place out there yet then? If not, good luck with finding the right place. I love looking for houses. Even though we just moved we often look for a new house!

5th Gear

Status
    Have fun Sarah......
    For Sale :Set of Black Rear carpet Mats P.M. for a Price

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast