Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

Audi Towbar wiring kit 7 pin

I have made a balls up purchasing the towbar loom for my A3, It wasn't untill I had threaded the loom from the back of the car to the front up behind the fuse box and connected everything apart from one plug that I couldn't find a home for, It said in the instructions to connect it to the brake switch above the brake pedal - to which I couldn't find, my stomach then started turning as I saw on the front of the booklet "not suitable for cars without brake switch!" bugger

On the loom I have, the connecter is 4 pin (3 white and 1 red/black). For this loom you would unplug the plug from the brake light switch, plug it into the towbar loom then plug the towbar loom back onto the brake switch.

Is there any way I can adopt this "incorrect" loom to fit my car? Think my brake light switch is on my master cylinder under the bonnet but the wires are different colours.

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Check in the footwell where the brake pedal is, its there mate as I did this myself but soldered a connection as I made the loom.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    Can't see it anywhere, when I spoke to Audi they said that my switch was on the master cylinder under the bonnet, also the loom did say "not suitable for cars without brake switch at pedal"?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    You need to maybe take the trim of thats above the footwell to see the connector, its in a fiddly location.

1st Gear

Status
    I've had the car in pieces with the Fuse box loose and the under dash trim removed, J519 removed and still can't find one. It does show the switch location in the instructions but mine is not there - I can see where it would go tho!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Strange you dont have the switch, what car is yours again.

1st Gear

Status
    Jan 2008 A3 Sportback 2.0 tdi 170 Quattro