Badger5Monster Motorsport

Thread: Milltek exhaust

Neutral

Status

Milltek exhaust

Hi all im looking at getting a Full stainless steel miltek exhaust system for my Audi A3 2.0L TDI, reason for getting it is i want the car to sound louder, but not stupidly loud like you see but just a fair bit louder than the quite diesel car.

Will this system make my car louder?

MILLTEK HIGH PERFORMANCE STAINLESS STEEL FULL EXHAUST SYSTEMS FOR THE ULITMATE IN POWER AND STYLE. : Motorspeed.com : Best on Line Prices with Large Stocks and Speedy Delivery. An official stockist for 100+ Alloys, Alpine, Blaupunkt, BMC filters, Car

as in not a little bit louder but alot louder so it can be heard quite a bit away like at bottom of my road, (10 houses down) kind of thing

Cheers
    Dave

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    alot of ppl like to splash out loads on an exhaust (miltec) however as its a diesel your better off either with a normal exhaust and no decat or a straight pipe which will make the turbo sound amazing

Neutral

Status
    So you would suggest, a straight through pipe and maybe just an end box?

were can i get a str8 through pipe mate, would i be better getting a Miltek exhaust and changing part of it to a str8 through to decat it?

6th Gear

Status
    im getting a full milltek on mine fitted on tuesday will report on here what its like
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs /

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm (NEEDS A NEW MAP)

Neutral

Status
    Thanks tdi-man

1st Gear

Status
    if you can find a universal backbox that has no baffles inside (silencers) and then have a pipe made from the cat to the backbox removing your cat. that would sound good. or you could go all out and remove the cat and the backbox and have a straight pipe welded all the way to the end and then add exhaust tips of your choice. ( this methods called mufflerectonomy if you want to youtube it )

Neutral

Status
    Thanks ill youtube that now cheers

3rd Gear

Status
    If i was you i would go custom and then you would be able to specify EXACTLY what you want.

For example i have been looking into it but i do alot of motorway miles and i dont want it to be loud while cruising, i only want it loud when i put my foot down

Selling MY11 rear lights, message me for a price

Neutral

Status
    What do you mean by custom soz im not good with cars rly lol, u mean like custom str8 tru with custom bak box??

3rd Gear

Status
    I mean a custom made exhaust designed to your spec from a reputable company in your area.

Costs around 350 imho and you can ask for how you want it to sound etc etc and what exhaust tips you want or if you want a de-cat etc

5th Gear

Status
    is it not illegal to de-cat? How about insurance, will they be ok with that?
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

3rd Gear

Status
    Its frowned upon but nothing bad can come from it.

Insurance should be ok....thats if you tell them

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    for a TDI dont bother will miltek but if you do get the non res
    but as above go custom where are you based ?

Neutral

Status
    Live in huddersfield never looked at gettin an exhaust done before lol

1st Gear

Status
    Have a travel up to sheffield and get yourself booked into exhaustuk

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    i use exhaust uk loads iv known them even b4 they had this shop and know all the family personaly
    and can get you a discount
    but iv started useing a diff place still in sheff iv also known and delt with these guys for a long time and to be honest there work is a bit better and cleaner
    e uk have a good name and got the new scooby contract and they seem to be letting the custom side down latley
    dont get me wrong they are good but this other place is a lot better more time taken no rushing the lads anal about his work if you need a number pm me

6th Gear

Status
    i was going to geta custom one but alot of people / tuners told me not to..
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs /

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tdi-man View Post
    i was going to geta custom one but alot of people / tuners told me not to..
    did you ask them why ?

6th Gear

Status
    1..millteks the best any way..

2.. bore size

3.. they will more than likely cut the down pipe to use the end that bolts to turbo.

4.. no point if the bore size is same as standard

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    i think you need to find a new tuner to chat to
    miltek is just a custom exhaust with a good name to it
    custom is custom made for you and your car your needs any bore you ask you will get
    and any exhaust will be made to fit your turbo
    tuners will recomend a custom exhaust
    Last edited by bez101; 28th March 2011 at 21:14.

1st Gear

Status
    i have a turbo back milltek on my 2.0TDI i did the cat back first then added the down pipe a few weeks later, and its the best mod i have done.

6th Gear

Status
    just on the way to get mine fitted.....

Neutral

Status
    Let us knw how it is mate plz also if poss cud u upload a vid lol

6th Gear

Status
    just got back from 15 miles down the motorway and i must say im happy with exhaust.

revs alot better and not very loud i would of liked it abit noisey but im happy with it.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tdi-man View Post
    just got back from 15 miles down the motorway and i must say im happy with exhaust.

revs alot better and not very loud i would of liked it abit noisey but im happy with it.
    is it with decat? If yes did your insurer was ok with that?
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /