A3 BE Rear Diffuser Change?

Dicko89

Reaction score
Just wondering on the more recent TDi 140's they have a single tailpipe, question is can the diffuser be replaced for a twin tailpipe?

..or does this require a new bumper?

Depends on the bumper you have, if its a 2008 onwards one piece then yes its just a matter of changing the valance

its 2010 model onwards, im new to all this mate so what is a valance?

In that case yep you just need to change the rear diffuser to a twin one thats it your bumper will already be compatible.

Just wondering on the more recent TDi 140's they have a single tailpipe, question is can the diffuser be replaced for a twin tailpipe?

..or does this require a new bumper?

As forum member "faranali" already said, you can change your single pipe rear diffuser/valance to a twin with no problem! They are removable parts. Obviously you can source the diffuser from Audi at a price or look out for one on ebay which might be cheaper! :thumbsup:

What is your car (3 or 5 door model)? :think:

Audi A3 (3dr) Rear Diffusers

A3reardiffusers.jpg

Audi A3 (Sportback) Rear Diffusers

A3Sportbackreardiffusers.jpg

cheers lads im glad to hear it wont be a problem just a swap, it will be a 3 door mate as i haven't got one yet, i just have my eye on one which has a single tailpipe as its a 59 plate '10 model, just for future preference really so i know either way be it having a single or twin exhaust.

baring this in mind, would it not affect my warranty changing the valance to fit a twin exhaust? .. surely it would.

baring this in mind, would it not affect my warranty changing the valance to fit a twin exhaust? .. surely it would.

If you got Audi to make the changes ie twin exhaust and rear diffuser then I'm pretty sure your warranty would be still vaild. Normally any aftermarket modifications would affect your warranty. For instance if an aftermarket exhaust caused damage to your engine which is unlikely then your warranty would be void!

Just to add, its very easy to fit, you can remove your valance in 10 mins and if you have a small head, you might not even have to jack it up!

I wouldnt worry about the warranty, doubt Audi would notice

ok cheers lads, i was thinking surely they wouldnt notice the change of just the valance and an extra tailpipe so to speak lol, it will be as close to genuine look anyway.

Are sportback and 3dr diffusers same or do they differ? I can't tell from the pictures...

The changeable rears diffusers seem to be the same between Sportback & 3dr.

Part Numbers:

Single diffuser pipe - 8P0 807 434E
Double diffuser pipe - 8P0 807 434F