H&R springs S-line dampers and new top mounts

munchkincoupe

Reaction score
My 2.0 TDi 3dr was in with AwesomeGTI yesterday. I've had H&R springs, S-line dampers and new top mounts fitted along with a 4 wheel laser alignment.

What a difference!!!!!! :ohmy:

No more body roll, much more planted in corners and absorbs bumps more effectively too

.....oh yes and looks 100% better too

Pics to follow

Nice one, matey. Look forward to seeing the pics! I'm seriously considering H&R's with some uprated dampers for my car at the moment. :)

Paula x

Mine is a sport so 10mm lower than standard. The H&R springs (29260-1) have given me 22mm drop at front and 31mm drop at the rear but may settle a little more yet.

IMG_1641.jpg

That looks really bang on, exactly the sort of stance I want, ..think my mind has been made up. Thanks for posting the pic. :)

Paula x

Mine is a sport so 10mm lower than standard. The H&R springs (29260-1) have given me 22mm drop at front and 31mm drop at the rear but may settle a little more yet.

IMG_1641.jpg

Ahh.. the so called 45-50mm H&R lowered! I've got a 2.0 FSI Sport and was thinking lowering with H&R Springs too. Yours not a bad height at the moment but is it lowered springs only? I hear Sport dampers may damage quickly if springs only! I think would want mine a tad lower than yours so may look into Weitec Hicon GT Coilovers to get my desired height!

Otherwise.. yours does look kool!:thumbsup:

My A3 is on the 55mm H&R's, and, tbh, I think it sits at the perfect height. Don't have a good recent pic though, but been running the springs for over 2 years now, nearly 3.

DSC_0151.jpg

My A3 is on the 55mm H&R's, and, tbh, I think it sits at the perfect height. Don't have a good recent pic though, but been running the springs for over 2 years now, nearly 3.

DSC_0151.jpg

I didn't know you could get 55mm H&R lowering Springs! Can you remember where you bought them or part number? Are you running 18's also? Your A3 height looks spot on in the picture! :thumbsup:

I didn't know you could get 55mm H&R lowering Springs! Can you remember where you bought them or part number? Are you running 18's also? Your A3 height looks spot on in the picture! :thumbsup:

Ahh.. the so called 45-50mm H&R lowered! I've got a 2.0 FSI Sport and was thinking lowering with H&R Springs too. Yours not a bad height at the moment but is it lowered springs only? I hear Sport dampers may damage quickly if springs only! I think would want mine a tad lower than yours so may look into Weitec Hicon GT Coilovers to get my desired height!

Otherwise.. yours does look kool!:thumbsup:

I've had S-line dampers fitted to as better match for the lower springs. I wanted a slightly lower than S-line ride height without the crashy S-line spring feel

It has dropped another 4-5mm front and back since fitting yesterday too

i also fitted the 50mm h&r springs todays with new top mounts too, and the i can say it look spot on, mine is also a sport, the ride comfort seem good too

I got them second hand. I think from a guy off here? But this is going back 2.5 years or so. Yeah, they are 18's. I personally do think they are spot on too. But as mine was an SE, it was the full drop :eyebrows:

I don't appear to have the PM from getting the springs. So it possibly wasn't from here really. I remember checking the part number though, and it came up as fitting some seat alhambra or something too? Weird, but they fitted fine, and look really good.

DSC_0183.jpg

Sorry for hijacking the OP's thread.

I got them second hand. I think from a guy off here? But this is going back 2.5 years or so. Yeah, they are 18's. I personally do think they are spot on too. But as mine was an SE, it was the full drop :eyebrows:

I don't appear to have the PM from getting the springs. So it possibly wasn't from here really. I remember checking the part number though, and it came up as fitting some seat alhambra or something too? Weird, but they fitted fine, and look really good.

DSC_0183.jpg

Sorry for hijacking the OP's thread.

looks good mate, since u had than for 2.5years had any problems with them? ie any rubbing when having the car full with people?

Nope. Been perfect at that height the whole time.

Plenty problems with the car though :banghead:

car looks spot on buddy , they do drop a little bit once they've settled down mine are going to drop a tad more once they have settled but im on coilovers but same thing tho they have dropped another 5mm is in the last few days had them on about a week now

I remember a mate of mine got lowering springs on his car (non-A3), he put a few weights in the car to help the settling process. Plus he had 25kgs worth of JL audio in the back!!

mine are settling in nicely the roads round where i live are really bad so they are getting a good work out lmao

I also have a sport and would like to lower. Currently have 18s and the car sits pretty high.
Only thing is mine is a 2.0 tdi quattro. Does that make a diff which s-line dampers i would need cos of the quattro?

Also not quite up to scratch how suspension works exactly lol, stupid q, what are top mounts?
lol

I also have a sport and would like to lower. Currently have 18s and the car sits pretty high.
Only thing is mine is a 2.0 tdi quattro. Does that make a diff which s-line dampers i would need cos of the quattro?

Also not quite up to scratch how suspension works exactly lol, stupid q, what are top mounts?
lol
dont think they would make any difference that you have quattro mate im sure they are the same on 2wd and 4wd , top mounts go ontop of the suspension struts or shocks on the front and rear they are what bolts to the car and on the front they pivot on a bearing for the steering

kl, maybe need to check part no.s or something.

Right i understand a bit better, so they are not just already attached to the damper?

no they are separate , top mounts - bump stops - (springs on the front) shocks is the basic set up on suspension (springs are separate to the shocks on the rear of a3's )

Last edited:

lol

You will need to get S-line dampers from another 2.0 tdi quattro then. I checked with Stoke Audi and the springs and dampers are model and engine size specific. If your car is a 3 door they will need to come from a 3 door and vice versa for a 5 door

Just for interst, has anyone gleaned any part no.s for the S-Line springs or dampers (any A3 models) just to build up a picture of what people might need?

I asked StokeAudi on here for the part nos before but they said they are different for all models and engine sizes so I just sourced some from the same engine/model as my car

Do the shocks need upgrading on a sportback for the 50mm springs or just the dampers?

So I have a sline aswell thinking of the Eibach Pro option not sure if that going to be as low as yours ...

Do the shocks need upgrading on a sportback for the 50mm springs or just the dampers?

shock absorbers + dampers are the same thing - if your sportback isn't an S-line model then I would source the dampers from an S-line sportback that is the same engine size/fuel/wheel-drive as your car. The drop is too much for standard/SE/Sport dampers.

So I have a sline aswell thinking of the Eibach Pro option not sure if that going to be as low as yours ...

Eibach Pro Kit won't lower the S-line at all. The Eibach Sportline kit will lower a bit more but they tend to lower the front more than the back giving the car a nose-down look

shock absorbers + dampers are the same thing - if your sportback isn't an S-line model then I would source the dampers from an S-line sportback that is the same engine size/fuel/wheel-drive as your car. The drop is too much for standard/SE/Sport dampers.

Thanks, feel like a complete noob now!

Haha. Did you get all the parts supplied from awesome gti?

I got the dampers used from Luke on here as he fitted coilovers, the H&R springs and top mounts were supplied/fitted by Awesome GTi and they did 4 wheel alignment afterwards too