New PDC sensors on old wiring

tiesva

Reaction score
I encountered a problem while trying to covert my '03 8P rear bumper to the new '10 8P rear.

I've found a thread: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3-...-etka-pls.html, in which someone states to have the same problem.

I'm wondering if it is possible to simply cut off the connector and manage the wires into the newer sensors, but I read that it might be a lot more difficult than that... :(

Can someone please tell me what to do? As a final resort I can make the wholes bigger so the old sensors fit in, but the new ones are much nicer looking :yum:, and I already bought them.

Old sensor partnumber: 4B0 919 275F
New sensor partnumber: 4H0 919 275
PDC connector parnumber: 1J0 973 703

Hope you guys can help me out!

i'm kinda looking for a similar answer to this question, because i have an entire set of PDC for the 8P1/2s but I also have an MY10 bumper and MY10 sensors lol.

i think the wiring from the sensors to the PDC module is different, but everything else is mix and match but i can't be certain.

PM'ed Sarah from this forum (cause I've found a topic in which she stated to have the same problem).

This is her response (thanks Sarah ;)):
It seemed not very straight forward, from what i remember it would need a new control module as the newer ones have another wire. In the end I used my older ones in the newer bumper, just made the holes larger and refitted.

I'll be drilling bigger holes in my rear anytime soon :) It's not that big of a difference, but it would be nice if it wasn't too hard to fit :)

see i don't think that's entirely true. she did sell her sensors, because i have them now lol, but another member plugged his MY10 sensors into his older PDC module and it all works fine. might be worth a trial fit. the wiring can't cost very much after all.

I heard they were not compatable but my 2010 sensors and harness plugged into my 04 control unit and worked perfect!!

Oh thats interesting as I did try but didnt connect. Mine wouldnt plug and play, I did try that and alot more too. I asked the same question on here and a few peeps advised. You need someone with Etka as im sure Khufu said the newer ones has an extra wire, or the older ones, cant remember and tbh at the mo, the minds failing as we are in the middle of moving so totally upside down. As I said, PM NHN or try Khufu but the guys I spoke to said it couldnt be done without alot of work and a newer module. I could have looked into it a bit more but had alot on getting ready for AITP last year and hubby recovering after an op. NHN may know of a way to do it so hes your best bet.

Last edited:
cheers for the extra info sarah... i do hope you're wrong tho because i invested in an entire PDC set from an 8P1 just based on the knowledge that it WOULD work lol

Like I say, it was last year when I was trying and im sure someone better than me will be able to do it, most things are doable. Sadly I ran out of time as I wanted the bumper on for the show. But someone checked my car on Etka and it was a no no. others may have a different module etc to mine...... mine does seem to have a few bits different to what should be there in its build details so you never know.

Its a good mod to do so try it.

Does someone have the partnumber for the new wiring? I know my modulenumber is 8E0 054 635D, but I don't know if newer wiring fits it..

Does someone have the partnumber for the new wiring? I know my modulenumber is 8E0 054 635D, but I don't know if newer wiring fits it..

You have the aftermarket audi module, not the proper oem pdc system, so you need to either drill holes bigger or get different oem system, whereabouts are you located?

@roman3000, thanks for the link!

Hmm then I guess the audi employee didn't give me the correct number, because my pdc is stock from factory, not aftermarket. I haven't checked it myself but the best man told me this should be the right partnumber for my module. Where is the module located? Underneath the dashboard or so?

You need to understand Audi do 2 systems, 1 is from factory the other is an aftermarket audi kit that doesnt connect into the cars network, just a reverse wire activation, by your part number thats what he has supplied you.

Well since my PDC isn't aftermarket I guess the guy misinformed me. Can you tell me where to find the PDC module NHN?

Ok are you sure that the dealer didnt fit the kit when they sold you the car, as its kinda strange they would advise you that part number if it was factory.

Yes im very sure, my audi.de account says the car has PDC too, so it must have had it when it left Ingolstadt :)

the module is under the right hand (driver's side on a RHD car) trim in the boot. it'll say the part number on it.

@NHN, haha ok tnx, ill tell him :happy:

the module is under the right hand (driver's side on a RHD car) trim in the boot. it'll say the part number on it.

Is there a "tutorial" available that you know about, on how to easily remove the covers? Maybe even with pictures of the exact location of where the module is placed? Would be great if this were so. IIRC, its just pulling of the interiorpanel right? No screws or so?