MY10+ parking buttons!!

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
Just wondering what the extra two parking buttons are for on the MY10 onwards cars? I guess one is for front and the others fo a parking aid linked to the RNS-E?

As i have rears on mine, is there any reason to wire mine up to a similar button....i guess the answer to the first question might knock this on the head straight away ;)

Im sure one of the button is for switching off the parking sensors & if there is the one with a steering wheel on it is for the park assist that does the parking for you.

ooooh, I dont think anyones managed that have they?

Wonder if i can wire my sensors up to the button...or is it just for fronts?

Only fronts can be controlled by button as rears activate on reverse.

thought that might be the case, new bumper for that lot no doubt - worth a check :)

Has anyone managed the retrofit parking Aid Nige? i'd imagine there'll be a nice sized motor tucked away somewhere, that'll be a challenge.........

TBH anything is possible on cars, just depends how much time, effort & money you can throw at it, if the mod was of use to me I would of done it by now lol, but as much as it seems good, lets be honest its far quicker & easier to use standard pdc, however I liked the OPS & find that more useful aswell.

AFAIK the electric rack should do the turns, but its the combo of the pdc sensors required as its not standard given some are side mounted on bumpers, correct cluster, etc etc, as I opted for OPS then I cant have it anyway, although this system maybe a godsend to the missus & new wheels.

ah i take it the OPS uses yet another different bumper with different holes for the sensors?

Uses different module, but potentially same sensors as standard, but requires front & rear, cant be done seperately, I actually used an 06-08 S3 rear that had bigger holes, I filled these holes with some P38, sanded down with some abranet, drilled new smaller holes into these, superglue to hold position, then sikaflex & epoxy to hold them fast given cant buy brackets alone, still gotta finish the fronts completely, its not a cheap/easy mod, but workable.

ah right..... so i theory it would be possible to convert the front bumper to accommodate the sensors without replacing? I love the look of it but think this is going to have to sit on the list of nice to haves, you know whats at the top of my agenda n it aint this yet - just trying to fill button holes :)

Yeah you could do it, cut holes, sikaflex in place, intricate work, but has & can be done.

Hows this tyre button supposed to work, the light comes on with the dash lights on start up then goes out, no other fault lights or codes.....yet when i press the button for a sustained period, it does nothing......i thought keeping it pressed released a beep signifying learn mode?

yarp coded via the ABS module....box ticked in the long code option....

I took the ABS plug out again yesterday evening to make sure the pin was seated correctly as it appears i forced it in without realising it had the locking mechanism on the plug....all is good though and its connnected as it should be...

Checked the connection to the module under the Steering column (module B iirc - spliced into the wire that was already present) and the power must be working as it uses the same earth as my puddle lights and is spliced into the cig lighter post fuse - the button light comes on when headlights are on.

Last edited:
Where in long coding? Not sure yours being facelift is same as previous.

Did you do any coding in instruments?

na i went into the ABS module, clicked long coding and then went to where the TPMS is and clicked....when the problem surfaced i also tried coding through the CAN gate but it faulted when searching for the modules presumebly meaning they were a diff system

Doh, me thinking of something else, sorry meant in ABS controller, but as yours is newer then long coding, as previous code was derived from the sum of individual options, yours is simpler with tick boxes.

Nah TPMS in gateway is for a different system altogether.

Which pin on abs did you shove wire into?

there is an option for tpms in the intruments module too, not sure if its for the basic or fancy version that uses sensors in the wheels.

Thats what I thought, but label file I can access doesnt show this, to be fair I had a crap nights sleep so maybe best I step back lol

as per the FAQ's US guide mate

'You're going to connect to Pin 12 on Plug B. There are two possibilities - either there is a wire already in the plug in that postition, or there isn't. If there is (as was the case in my car), simply use a tap splice to connect to it. The factory wire for that position would be blue&grey, our wire is blue. The finished connection is shown in the photo.'

You need to check elsawin for your engine/box code, what is this info just to be sure.

Edit: I meant on the abs connector.

hang on so what do i need haha.....

engine,gearbox and ABS numbers? also elsawin, how do i get access without wanting to sound too thick

What pin number did you connect the wire to on the abs controller in engine bay?

Urm, well as I dont know your engine/box code then my elsawin says 7 or 35 depending on abs controller, 7 being MK70 & 35 being MK60.

Nige, wherewould I find the box number on these? I take it 27 is for the older models?

Yes 7, 27 & 41 are for some older cars, 7 obviously continued to some newer cars aswell given shared modules, check service book.

Right, service book says 8P1 S39 5144978 does this sound right?

Thought mine was 8P3?

Last edited:
As I said either 7 or 35 depending if you have a mk60 or mk70 controller which when you login to will advise you which is fitted, so thats why it isnt working.

Nige...your a legend.... logged in and identified as MK60 and so replaced the pin into position 35....job done and all working, thanks for your help mate.....very much appreciated :)