Help with various small cosmetic changes

Wonker

Reaction score
Hello all,

I would like some help sourcing the following bits and bobs in my 8P A3. Before you shout, I have used the search facility and the reason I haven't gone straight to parts websites is that I don't really know what I am looking for :wacko:. For instance with the first 2 requests I don't know if I can get the handle and surround separately or if it comes in one whole unit. Anyway here we go:

1. First up is a replacement Drivers interior door handle:

DriversDoorHandle.jpg

As you can it looks like the previous owner always opened the door with her keys in her hand and it is scratched to hell and back.

2. As per above the associated handle 'surround':

DriverDoorhandleSurround.jpg

Very heavily scratched prob for same reason as in point 1.

Where's the best place to get replacements or is there something else I could do with the doors (I'd obviously do all 4 if there is :sm4:) ?

3. 'vent' thingy in footwell:

FootwellVent.jpg

What exactly is this and can I replace it with a Chrome or Stainless Steel version?

4. Front Passenger electric window button:

FrontPassWindowbutton.jpg

It looks like someone has tried to touch this up by painting it black and it looks awful.

5. Button on Concert Head Unit:

Stereobutton.jpg

As you can see button 1 looks well worn (previous owner liked Radio 1, perhaps :laugh:)

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Wonker

Not sure about the vent things but I have a full set of Audi A3 door cards removed from my 08 Sportback, all in excellent condition with the handle surrounds unscratched and the drivers door has the module for the windows and mirror control too, also in excellent condition. Black cloth, all really like new....

Haha! The salesmen all come out... I the same stereo if you fancy a replacement.

If your going to replace the electric window control unit then you should get the facelifted version with chrome strips on the bit they have painted black on yours lol. The other bits you should be able to get second hand from scrap/ebay failing that I am sure a kind soul will give you part numbers so you can give audi a bell.

That vent thing (3) also holds down the carpet in that area, not sure what else it does tbh and have never seen one in chrome/metal

I also need the same button on the radio!!!

1. First up is a replacement Drivers interior door handle:
2. As per above the associated handle 'surround'
3. 'vent' thingy in footwell
4. Front Passenger electric window button:
5. Button on Concert Head Unit:

Ok iirc number 1 & 2 come as 1 unit anyway, so ebay or I can probably supply new
Number 3, unless you see a aftermarket version then no its like for like.
Number 4 is the whole switch pack, of which I can supply new or ebay.
Concert button cant be replaced seperately that I know of, so either find a faulty unit & strip/swap or get another unit from someone, but be aware of different unit types, make sure part numbers match.

If you ever consider the nav upgrade for your car, give me a shout as I supply/fit these amongst other options.

Not sure about the vent things but I have a full set of Audi A3 door cards removed from my 08 Sportback, all in excellent condition with the handle surrounds unscratched and the drivers door has the module for the windows and mirror control too, also in excellent condition. Black cloth, all really like new....

Many thanks for this mate but I would imagine you are trying to sell them as a job lot and all my doors (with the exception of the stuff in the pics) are in good nick. If you want to sell just the drivers door handle and surround then you can PM with a price.

Many thanks

Wonker

Haha! The salesmen all come out... I the same stereo if you fancy a replacement.

If your going to replace the electric window control unit then you should get the facelifted version with chrome strips on the bit they have painted black on yours lol. The other bits you should be able to get second hand from scrap/ebay failing that I am sure a kind soul will give you part numbers so you can give audi a bell.

That vent thing (3) also holds down the carpet in that area, not sure what else it does tbh and have never seen one in chrome/metal

Would be very interested in this. I have searched but I can't find any. Do you know where I could get some (or even what to search for). Do you have pics or a link to pics?

Cheers mate

Wonker

Last edited:
Yes I can probably supply them new.

Ok iirc number 1 & 2 come as 1 unit anyway, so ebay or I can probably supply new
Number 3, unless you see a aftermarket version then no its like for like.
Number 4 is the whole switch pack, of which I can supply new or ebay.
Concert button cant be replaced seperately that I know of, so either find a faulty unit & strip/swap or get another unit from someone, but be aware of different unit types, make sure part numbers match.

If you ever consider the nav upgrade for your car, give me a shout as I supply/fit these amongst other options.

Thanks for the response mate. With regards to 1&2 can you pm me with a price (or do I have to pm with a request, I don't know how the system works yet?)

I put a request in on a website called Parts Getaway (don't know if you or anybody on here knows of them) and they have given me a quote for what I need but I'm not conviced it's the right thing. This is a picture of the part they have for sale:

plim8158.jpg

And this is a pic of my door:

DriversDoorInterior.jpg

To my eyes the part for sale is a lot darker than mine. Do you think it's just the camera (I took mine on sunny day) or is the part for sale simply the wrong colour for my car?

Many thanks for your advice and if I decide to get the Sat Nav, you will be the first to know :icon_thumright:

Cheers

Wonker

Need to check the colour code against your car, which is what I'd do from your vin mate, then I'd be sure it was correct.

PM me your requests & I'll check what can get for delivered, assume you'll fit it as its door card or & strip it down a little to get it out.

Need to check the colour code against your car, which is what I'd do from your vin mate, then I'd be sure it was correct.

PM me your requests & I'll check what can get for delivered, assume you'll fit it as its door card or & strip it down a little to get it out.

Cheers fella,

I'll have a go at doing it myself although I will be searching to see if there are any guides on here to help me out.

I will drop you a PM now.

Many thanks

Wonker