Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    3rd Gear

Status

Adjusting Xenon Headlights

I have retrofitted xenon headlights into my car without any auto leveling fitted.

The headlights are really low and are only shining right infront of my car and i cant see a thing.

How do i manually adjust them? I have searched but cant find anything that has helped. I have also looked at the lights and i cant find anything that adjusts them

Can anyone help?

Selling MY11 rear lights, message me for a price

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    There should be two White adjusters on each headlight. One for main beam one for high beam. They need an Allan key

As far as I remember for the dipped beam if u look at the headlights from above u should see it down through a little gap. Can't remember which way to turn to raise them. Park against a wall preferably with bricks and lines so u can see them rise.

3rd Gear

Status
    I parked the car against a brick wall like you said and i played with the white adjusters and they just were spinning freely with 0 difference :S

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Off topic I know but..............what rims you running now bro?

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggins92 View Post
    I parked the car against a brick wall like you said and i played with the white adjusters and they just were spinning freely with 0 difference :S
    That's defo how mine adjusted. Maybe they are not getting a bite or something but I'm sure they didn't really feel like they were moving much when I did it hence why I said do it infront of a wall. it took quite a lot of turning.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Off topic I know but..............what rims you running now bro?
    VMR VB3's Love your car btw buddy...it really is in its own class

Quote Originally Posted by latta1989 View Post
    That's defo how mine adjusted. Maybe they are not getting a bite or something but I'm sure they didn't really feel like they were moving much when I did it hence why I said do it infront of a wall. it took quite a lot of turning.
    Hmm well i was only moving them a tiny bit at a time as i couldnt get a good bite as the allon key wasnt long enough but i think you can also use a screw driver on them so might have another go tomorrow night as im in manchester for a few days from wednesday and i need it fixing :P

6th Gear

Status
    you will need to take them out and fit to a car that has them fitted as standard set them to MOT mode in vag com which locks them into the correct height them remove them and refit to your car . then take to mot station and adjust with the lugs for fine tuneing....
    Full Leather / heated Seats / 18" Speedlines / AP coilover kit / R32 Rear 310mm Brakes / window Tints / Auto lights / Xenons / Cruise control / R32 Front 345mm Brakes / Full milltek system / Led side lights / Bose / brushed aluminium inlays / panal filter / Full Egr delete / custom map with hot start fix / Hybrid Turbo / Sachs Racing clutch / 10mm Rear spacers / 10mm Front spacers / A5 LED number plate bulbs / Oil catch can

233 bhp - 309 ft lb - 419 nm

FLYWHEEL + HELIX CLUTCH KIT FOR SALE

"Stick a V8 in it!"

Status
    The Autolevelling system just controls the standard levelling motors, which are adjusted with the 0-1-2-3 control inside the car on normal models.

As long as this motor is connected properly and set to 0, its exactly the same as having the xenons put into test mode as described above.

2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Avant, Berry Pearl
    2000 A4 1.8T Sport Quattro Saloon, Black-ish
    1997 S4 - PPC £999 Challenge Track Car Build
    TD5 Land Rover Defender build

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggins92 View Post
    VMR VB3's Love your car btw buddy...it really is in its own class
    Any pics? Update your sig! Did you sell the Helios? Cheers bro, its getting there!

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    The Autolevelling system just controls the standard levelling motors, which are adjusted with the 0-1-2-3 control inside the car on normal models.

As long as this motor is connected properly and set to 0, its exactly the same as having the xenons put into test mode as described above.
    I didnt know you could fit the xenons to your interior leveling 'switch'. How do i do this?

Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Any pics? Update your sig! Did you sell the Helios? Cheers bro, its getting there!
    Nop no pics, will be in around 2 weeks I know the sig is around 6 month old now haha

Also yes i sold them around 6 weeks ago haha

Your car will never be 'there' it doesnt stop