Adjusting Xenon Headlights

HIGGINS

Reaction score
I have retrofitted xenon headlights into my car without any auto leveling fitted.

The headlights are really low and are only shining right infront of my car and i cant see a thing.

How do i manually adjust them? I have searched but cant find anything that has helped. I have also looked at the lights and i cant find anything that adjusts them :(

Can anyone help?

There should be two White adjusters on each headlight. One for main beam one for high beam. They need an Allan key

As far as I remember for the dipped beam if u look at the headlights from above u should see it down through a little gap. Can't remember which way to turn to raise them. Park against a wall preferably with bricks and lines so u can see them rise.

I parked the car against a brick wall like you said and i played with the white adjusters and they just were spinning freely with 0 difference :S

I parked the car against a brick wall like you said and i played with the white adjusters and they just were spinning freely with 0 difference :S

That's defo how mine adjusted. Maybe they are not getting a bite or something but I'm sure they didn't really feel like they were moving much when I did it hence why I said do it infront of a wall. it took quite a lot of turning.

Off topic I know but..............what rims you running now bro?

VMR VB3's :wub: Love your car btw buddy...it really is in its own class

That's defo how mine adjusted. Maybe they are not getting a bite or something but I'm sure they didn't really feel like they were moving much when I did it hence why I said do it infront of a wall. it took quite a lot of turning.

Hmm well i was only moving them a tiny bit at a time as i couldnt get a good bite as the allon key wasnt long enough but i think you can also use a screw driver on them so might have another go tomorrow night as im in manchester for a few days from wednesday and i need it fixing :p

you will need to take them out and fit to a car that has them fitted as standard set them to MOT mode in vag com which locks them into the correct height them remove them and refit to your car . then take to mot station and adjust with the lugs for fine tuneing....

The Autolevelling system just controls the standard levelling motors, which are adjusted with the 0-1-2-3 control inside the car on normal models.

As long as this motor is connected properly and set to 0, its exactly the same as having the xenons put into test mode as described above.

The Autolevelling system just controls the standard levelling motors, which are adjusted with the 0-1-2-3 control inside the car on normal models.

As long as this motor is connected properly and set to 0, its exactly the same as having the xenons put into test mode as described above.

I didnt know you could fit the xenons to your interior leveling 'switch'. How do i do this?

Any pics? Update your sig! Did you sell the Helios? Cheers bro, its getting there! :wub:

Nop no pics, will be in around 2 weeks :happy: I know the sig is around 6 month old now haha

Also yes i sold them around 6 weeks ago haha

Your car will never be 'there' it doesnt stop :ninja::laugh: