Replacement Brakes

Brodster

Reaction score
Website
www.brotek.co.uk
Hi all,

Have been the proud owner of 06 plate 2.0TDI Sportback for a year now and really chuffed with her. Have just had it re-mapped to 200bhp and OMG...........what a machine. I wanted the torque and power to be in the higher rev band especially from 3rd-6th gear as I do alot of driving up and down the A9.

I need a bit of advice. Both front and rear brake pads are getting a little thin so need to replace them. What is the best option of pads/discs to go for. The braking on the car at the moment is amazing and I think they are standard pads/discs. Dont want to spend a fortune as I am going to get the car re-mapped again.

Can get all discs and pads on flea-bay for just under £70 but dont know how good they are. Another wee thing too. My missus gets Audis all the time as company cars and none sound like mine under acceleration. It sounds as though it has a dump valve on it as it hisses at you when accelerating. Sounds good as not too noisy......any ideas (not an air leak as I had the master tech look at it when I found oil in the fuel)

Regards

Brodster

Last edited:
i trust you have an uprated clutch if you have 200bhp ?

You know what I dont and I havent had any problems with it so far......well not mechanically anyway. The car pulls like a train......it is unreal in my opinion. Low down it drives normally but get it into 4,5 and 6th gear and its gone. Had a play with an older style S3 and he couldnt believe it was a diesel.

You recommend uprating the clutch then? If this is crucial then I may well do it as I want to keep the car and tune it more.

Something weird happened today though to do with the parking sensors. Instead of the normally low pitch 1-2 second beep when you put it in reverse it now has a high pitch 4-5 second tone. According to the manual it has a fault but can still operate. Tried it several times and I can get it to beep in both tones. Weird?????

Any ideas anyone?

Mark