Safe Mode when starting up?

Simon16

Reaction score
Hi guys,I am having some trouble when starting some mornings. I have sticky vanes on my turbo which cause the car to go into limp mode every now and again but I am booked in to get a recon turbo fitted so that is being resolved...When starting on some mornings after letting my glow plug light go out it will turn over 2 or 3 times then stop turning over and all the lights on the dash will disappear...then if I keep the key turned it will wipe my mpg memory etc from my computer, reset my clock to 0:00 and say "safe" on my radio! :(It doesnt happen every morning but is this linked to my car going into limp mode as it starts fine after limp mode straight away however it only ever happens when the car is stood over night (i.e it is fine when I am at work for 7 hours) It also seems to knacker my range (a full tank will all of a sudden drop to 250 miles range when the night before it was at 400 etc)Any help is gratefully appreciated, I have searched for this topic but cannot find a specific answer...CheersPS Its a 2004 2.0 TDi 8P1

You need to get it scanned for faults before you can tell for certain what the problem is.

Get them to do it when you get a new turbo fitted and they probably won't charge for the scan.!