FBMFSW retrofit and cruise

Reaction score
Hi all I was recently toying with the idea of installing cruise control in my 2006 56 2.0TDI Manual, I have also been liking the look of the flat bottom steering wheel so thought as I have to remove the wheel for cruise I may as well do both.

What I need to know is other than the steering wheel and airbag what else is required, my current wheel has all the multifunction buttons on it.

Would this one fit Genuine Audi TT Flat-Bottom Steering Wheel S3 TTS on eBay (end time 15-Apr-11 20:34:13 BST)

Cheers

Last edited:
It will fit but it doesn't have an airbag with it and your airbag won't fit it.

You'll have to pay another £250 + for a suitable airbag I would think.

I know this is going to be expensive, assuming i get the wheel and airbag what else would be required?

The steering control module will be ok as you already have mfsw so all you need is the cruise control retro fit kit from Audi.

When it has all been installed you will then need to code it with VCDS or find someone local to do it for you.

just one more question would the slip ring need to be changed or would that fit the new wheel?

I don't think so but I'm not absolutely certain on this.

Perhaps someone who has a fbmfsw could confirm ?

are the airbags vehicle specific for example will and rs4 airbag fit an s3 flat wheel (both airbags are circular)

I just had both these done last week by hazzydays. Very good service and a got part exchange on wheel. Granted wasn't best price but it knocked money off the total job. I have s-tronic so bit more expensive, he replaced airbag, wheel and hooked up laptop, job was done in 40mins. Message me if you want number and total price ect.

Hi ive just had a quote from Stoke Audi for a FBMFSW with airbag, Cruise stalk and lower cowling. I knew it was going to be expensive but I thought I would ask out of curiosity.

Steering wheel £338.73 inc vat
Air bag unit £589.91
Cruise switch £61.80
Cowling £26.10

Total £1016

Any thoughts on this price.

P.S. thank you to all who have helped me by PM and I am currently considering what to do.

Hi ive just had a quote from Stoke Audi for a FBMFSW with airbag, Cruise stalk and lower cowling. I knew it was going to be expensive but I thought I would ask out of curiosity.

Steering wheel £338.73 inc vat
Air bag unit £589.91
Cruise switch £61.80
Cowling £26.10

Total £1016

Any thoughts on this price.

How's about ' it's a lot of money '

However that is the right price for new kit from Audi. You won't get the Cruise switch and cowling for less even on ebay. If you look you will see some are more expensive.

You might get the wheel and airbag cheaper on ebay if you can wait until you find one !

Thanks Mike, I just couldnt resist, as I knew it would be expensive, I didnt expect the airbag to be over £200 more than the wheel though. Was impressed with the cruise and cowling price as you say.

Oh and Hazzydayz quoted me £1032 for all the mentioned including fitting.

Mikes right, that is the right price from Audi, but still expensive.

FBMFSW do crop up on eBay a fair bit and for around £450 I reckon you could get one with an airbag.

Try your local TPS for Cruise parts, a lot cheaper than Audi.