EM TuningBadger5
    TQS
    1st Gear

Status

Auto wing mirrors

Can anyone enlighten me as to what happens when you push forward on the electric wing mirrors button - there is a picture but i can't work out what it does and how to do it?
    Does it actually do anything?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Fossie

Status
    Nothing - unless you have the switch turned to the left or the right !

If you turn the switch anti-clockwise and then push forward the passenger side wing mirror will start to tilt upwards. Pull it backwards and it will tilt downwards.

If you turn the switch clockwise then the same thing will happen to the drivers side mirror.

It tells you in the manual !!

1st Gear

Status
    In the central position the heating elements will operate dependant on outside air temperature. IIRC the mirrors will heat up automatically with the ignition on when the OAT is one degree C or lower.
    GOING - A4 Avant 2.0TDI 143 Black Edition, Daytona, Alcantara, Heated Seats, Tech Pack, Advance Parking, Light Pack + full LED upgrade, Power Tailgate, S Line Sports Suspension

Fossie

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Soot1e View Post
    In the central position the heating elements will operate dependant on outside air temperature. IIRC the mirrors will heat up automatically with the ignition on when the OAT is one degree C or lower.
    Didn't know that mate - thanks for the info !

Neutral

Status
    I believe they time out after a while too so they're not accidentally left on - If you leave it in that position they're not just going to run forever.

Fossie

Status
    The heating element in the mirrors comes on when you press the rear screen demister button.

That has an automatic switch off after a certain time which also switches the mirror heaters off.

You cannot accidentaly leave them on !

TQS
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Soot1e View Post
    Great - i was wondering how i'd see steam coming off the mirrors when they were a bit damp and chilly outside yet they were clearing. So i don't need to do anything

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    If you have an icon also at 6pm on the trim below switch, then you should have folding mirrors aswell, activated by turning to this position.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK