FAO EVERYONE - My Alloy Wheels - HELP PLEASE!

richy

Reaction score
Website
www.vagowners.com
ok ive got some RS6 rep wheels on my A3 ... but they are getting a bit worn and well they dont look good to be honest....

now i can get them redone looking like they did when they first came to me or i could get them done in different finishes....

now.. anyone rekon i should go for a different finish or just get them redone as they were?

heres a few pics to help..

first off here is my car with the wheels i have on it at the moment..

help1.jpg

ok here is a pic of some polished rims.. i can get them done lie this

help2.jpg

or get them done in a diamond cut finish like the audi TT wheels and like these

help3.jpg

Audi_TT_2003_Alloy_Wheel.jpg

PLEASE HELP....!!!!

Look worn? How? The finish wearing off? Is this normal for replicas?

I'd prefer the diamond cut finish, I think. I would think they would be easier to keep clean and hide any marks you might pick up.

Not sure about your wheels, but your car looks damn nice!

Mate, it's crying out for the Votex kit.

Do it!

lol no i think there is one kurb and thats when i was messing about.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

but its got all black spots all over the wheel and brown stains in the corners of the amrs of the alloy... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif looks really nasty...

they are the replicas btw.

TBH it looks pretty good standard and changing it will make it differ to the originals (Audi OEM). Have you tried the Muc Off wheel cleaners to get rid of the excess residue ?

it it was or it wasnt..... it wouldnt matter either way... still looks nasty.... and to be honest you cant really say to rochford tyres that they are corroding..as

1) they can just say i have not been looking after them
2) i dont have the std wheels to put back on to then send them back....

so kinda hard to do anything about it..

still unture what to do yet.. will go the shop and have a look into some good alloy cleaner..

but to get all 4 wheels redone to standard is £120
and to get them done in a dimond cut finish is £200...

hummm.. dunno what to do yet.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I'd still speak to rochfords to see what they say, at least for peace of mind. Are they too far away for a visit? How on earth are you going to mistreat alloys that result in what you can be seen?

It it is corrosion, would it be a more expensive refurb as there's some treatment involved and more extreme cleaning/sanding? £120 sounds really good for 4 wheels.

As they were Richy in my humble opinion. But have you considered getting them anodised (or whatever) black? Obviously I'm gonna get shot down in flames for that but I'm a big fan of the whole "stealth" thing - check a Ducati 749 Dark if you need convincing.

PS The BM wheels look a bit... hairdressy?