Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    2nd Gear

Status

[MicasB] Audi A3 8P 2.0 TDI 140cv Sport Build Thread

Hi there people.

I was thinking about starting a build thread and here it is.

Will start by showing the car how it was before the big changes (very OEM):

The only changes made at this point were the rear spoiler and the rear diffuser.

Then it was RNS time:

Eibach Pro-kit lowered very little as you can see:

This was the first of 3 brake upgrades :D 312mm braking from Golf V GTI:

After that some S3 pedals:

Then a guy went into my rear end and i managed to get the S-line bumper into it:

Then started to upgrade the car (control modules):

30 byte CE

Then the second brake upgrade front and rear S3 braking:

After that i got this for a very very decent price:

A while after the Bi-xenon AFS were retrofitted, but the AFS didn't work until very recently with the help of some guys here (among others NHN wich i am very grateful):

On the same week did the Ultraleggera:

Now the S3 bodykit.
    I know you guys are going to hang me in a wall with nails saying this is not a S3 and so on...
    But the main reason i did this was because i always loved the looks of the S3.

These were made all in one time:

Front Aerotwin restyle wipers:

Rear Aerotwin wiper:

Facelift cluster:

Last edited by micasb; 16th March 2011 at 22:02.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    And at last the third and final front brake upgrade:

Then a little thing to make the car breath better (Allard EGR pipe):

By then i already had the electric folding rearview mirrors.
    I also added a new CAN Gateway module "AD" version and a confort module "J" rev as my keys are 434MHz this was the most upto date i could go without changing keys.
    At the moment the car has interior anti-dazzle rearview mirror with compass and light switch with CH/LH enabled. Resuming all things as OEM as possible...
    This week was time for another big retrofit:

As you can see on the pics i retrofited Bose sound system.
    It was a huge work as i took 2 days to complete this.
    Some issues came along the way (coding pin error and others) but i managed to pull this out and the Bose is far better than the Blaupunkt system in terms of sound quality.

Now i'm waiting for some things to arrive from ~RS~ to complete the exterior looks

It all for now.

Best regards and thanks.
    Last edited by micasb; 16th March 2011 at 22:02.

events moderator

Status
    good wright up mate i think the s3 badges on a non s3 car are a bit of a marmite thing some like it some dont personally its not for me but it your car good work so far
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

1st Gear

Status
    Massive amount of work done, good effort sir. I don't mind people who do the whole S3 thing, at the end of the day, it's not gonne be an S3 when they pull away and would only embarace themselfs, as for looks, dont think anyone can disagree it looks the ********!

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi,

Thanks for your answers.
    Regarding the front badge i want to take that out but still don't know what to put in there.
    Glasgowaudi i couldn't agree more as i'm not trying to make my car an S3

Cheers people.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Some great mods, good work

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

5th Gear

Status
    Good Job on the Bi-xenon mate, something I really miss in the A3 but wouldn't be up to fitting them lol
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

1st Gear

Status
    i have a sport model like you and like the rear diffuser can it just b fitted to my original bumper without difficulty or needing a new bumper? would i need new exhaust or would it fit with the exhaust that points down?
    A3 2009 2.0TDI sport aruba blue - 17" alloy wheels, half leather and alcantara seats, bluetooth telephone prep, aux, electric lumbar support, puddle lights, vanity lights.

mods so far - tinted windows, my11 rear lights.

3rd Gear

Status
    Great work there mate, as others mentioned would swap the s3 badge for an S line badge instead personally, not liking the wheels but the brakes on the other hand and the bose system IMO was abit of a waste as it's terrible (and uses blaupunkt parts anyway) but each to there own. Cant wait to see what's next
    STUFF FOR SALE: DLS R6 Midbass drivers, MFSW 3 spoke and Pioneer P88RS II
    STUFF FOR SWAPS:
    3 door A3 8P custom doorbuilds

please contact for more info

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kirsty76 View Post
    i have a sport model like you and like the rear diffuser can it just b fitted to my original bumper without difficulty or needing a new bumper? would i need new exhaust or would it fit with the exhaust that points down?
    It fits perfectly. You can add no prob...

Quote Originally Posted by Shane. View Post
    Great work there mate, as others mentioned would swap the s3 badge for an S line badge instead personally, not liking the wheels but the brakes on the other hand and the bose system IMO was abit of a waste as it's terrible (and uses blaupunkt parts anyway) but each to there own. Cant wait to see what's next
    I think the sound is good. Far better than the blaupunkt system in terms of sound definition.
    The only parts it uses from blaupunkt is the center speaker and the tweeters. Don't really know in the amp if there are blaupunkt parts.
    I'm happy with the results

Does the sline badge fit this grill? I was told tha the size is different.

regards and thanks

6th Gear

Status
    Well done mate, thats a big effort there and looks awesome now. However i have to say im not feeling the wheels. Liking the bi-xenons, might need to upgrade myself. Looking forward to seeing whats next.
    Ron
    Audi A3 8P2 2.0Tfsi S-Line Special Edition Bluefin

3dr Mauritius Blue || Full Leather|| BOSE || MFSW || Auto Lights/Wipers || Auto Dim Rearview Mirror || Heated Mirrors
    Mods: S3 Aluminium Pedals || S3 Vents || 2010 RNSE || OEM Bluetooth || Dension Gateway 100 || MY09 Rear Lights || Single Xenon Headlights

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi.

Thanks. I like the wheels. They are a bit "tunner" but i like them and they are very light comparing to others.
    You should go for Bi-xenon and AFS if you ask me.

Regards.

5th Gear

Status
    Hi mate, car is looking good! I had no idea on the amount of work you put into it to get it here. That really is a retro fit or two!

Think you may surprise a few S3 owners when all mods are complete ay If your fond of the larger badge then get one of those 'S' badges essentially same as one you have now without the 3, or a black S line badge?? Although it's not one of those either lol! I'm in the same boat as well, and will prob just stick the 'S' badge there as it fits best.

'exterior mod' on route mate Should be there soon, although I haven't had a look on DHL today, lol.

Had my car in bits the other day not that it did any good though! Waiting for the K module to arrive before trying this again :D

Yes I need a new mat! haha...

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ~RS~ View Post
    Hi mate, car is looking good! I had no idea on the amount of work you put into it to get it here. That really is a retro fit or two!

Think you may surprise a few S3 owners when all mods are complete ay If your fond of the larger badge then get one of those 'S' badges essentially same as one you have now without the 3, or a black S line badge?? Although it's not one of those either lol! I'm in the same boat as well, and will prob just stick the 'S' badge there as it fits best.

'exterior mod' on route mate Should be there soon, although I haven't had a look on DHL today, lol.

Had my car in bits the other day not that it did any good though! Waiting for the K module to arrive before trying this again :D

Yes I need a new mat! haha...
    They've arrived

They are fantastic but i have my issues if they will become stable without those little broken clips.
    I have some extra ones here and will try and see if i can take them out and put them in the ones you sent.
    once again many thanks mate.

best regards.

And yes you need a new mat and a K one as i told you.

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi,

So ~RS~ here's the work done:

Still haven't put them on but i think they'll fit perfectly.
    Cheers and once again thank you.

Interior Next!!

Status
    Great work mate. Car looks spot on. Just needs to be lowered a bit which will also make the wheels look a lot better!! Your brakes are
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

5th Gear

Status
    Good work on the repair mate. Although they sat on the mirror base fine with the clips broken as shown in previous pics sent, but I can see that will keep them nice and snug, looking forward to seeing them on car, told you they were in good condition apart from those 2 clips ay Got there in decent time as well.

K module on route but no facelift DRL's running until then just bi xenons which are soooo much better than halogens!
    Last edited by ~RS~; 19th March 2011 at 01:11.

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks guys.

Yes the car does need to be lowered a bit more. I was aiming for the sportline from eibach. It shoul be enough.
    They got here fast ~RS~. I was not at home when the delivery came so i phoned them and i still could go meet the guy and get the package...
    I was lucky

Cheers people.

1st Gear

Status
    Hi! I was wondering about AFS and bixenons... I have 09 8p and have purchased used bixenon set (casings with led DRL, d3s, computers and balasts), and now Im waiting for kufatec's power cable adapters. I'm not interested in retrofiting AFS, but am only wondering what is procedure for connecting these casings/xenons to a previously non-xenon car? Do I need VAG? TY!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jsosic View Post
    Hi! I was wondering about AFS and bixenons... I have 09 8p and have purchased used bixenon set (casings with led DRL, d3s, computers and balasts), and now Im waiting for kufatec's power cable adapters. I'm not interested in retrofiting AFS, but am only wondering what is procedure for connecting these casings/xenons to a previously non-xenon car? Do I need VAG? TY!
    Hi,

Beside the wiring to central electric unit you also need VCDS to code it after they're assembled.

regards

5th Gear

Status
    Any updates bro? Wondering how the mirrors look and what your plans are for the power upgrades

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi there people,

It's been a while since i posted some updates on my thread.
    So here it goes the work done past Monday:

3 inch inox exhaust.
    The damn 2.0 16V tdi engine delivers a kick ass sound

Cheers people.

Reverse Gear

Status
    nice car mate needs more lows tho

2nd Gear

Status
    Nah... It's fine like this. And like this it's realy stiff on rough roads...

flying oyster

Status
    i bet that roars with that exhaust fella !
    S3 8L ming blue westys old car shed loads of mods

2nd Gear

Status
    Why would you fit a new can gateway and J rev comfort module, what advantage does this have?

Chris
    A3 2.0 TFSI Sportback - DSG, Alcantara/Leather Heated Seats, Xenons, Acoustic park, Armrest, Folding/auto dimming mirrors, Symphony with Bose, Rain sensor, Multifuntion steering wheel, Lumbar Support, Aluminium roof rails, Lumbar Support, Vanity mirror lights
    MODS - ​RS3 Aluminium Race Inlay trim, LED rear lights, RNS-E, Bluetooth+SDS, Sline front bumper+Black grille

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by flying oyster View Post
    i bet that roars with that exhaust fella !
    It really does... Alot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by loudchris53 View Post
    Why would you fit a new can gateway and J rev comfort module, what advantage does this have?

Chris
    Mainly i did it to enable most of the options on the DIS menus...

1st Gear

Status
    Nice! Where did you get all the S3 parts?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi...A3 View Post
    Nice! Where did you get all the S3 parts?
    Hi, got some off ebay.de and some from the insurance (some twats rear ended the car twice). Cheers

Vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    some lovly work here mate, car is looking nice!
    For Sale
    climate control (double din non chrome)
    Black roof lining (sportback)
    pm me for more info..

BBM: 28E07323

My Panoramic RetroFit

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by amar06fbr View Post
    some lovly work here mate, car is looking nice!
    Thanks mate.
    Done one more big retrofit but sadly didn't take any pics...
    I retrofitted the OEM Alarm system with all the features (tilt sensing, interior monitor an rear window breaking detection)

Cheers.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Great car, mate! Ultraleggeras are really nice rims (especially in that color), and the s3 look is so nice... Is the s3 bumper a direct fit? What is the size of the rims? And can you make a video to hear the exhaust, I'm very curious what kind of sound this TDI engine can produce Once again, great car, you have put a lot of work and love into it!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SlavyIordanov View Post
    Great car, mate! Ultraleggeras are really nice rims (especially in that color), and the s3 look is so nice... Is the s3 bumper a direct fit? What is the size of the rims? And can you make a video to hear the exhaust, I'm very curious what kind of sound this TDI engine can produce Once again, great car, you have put a lot of work and love into it!
    Hi there.

I'll have to update the thread with some more pics as It's now a bit lower.
    I'll do a small video and post it so you can ear 3 inch inox exhaust with GTB2260VKLR blowing..... :-P