Coilover budget

Jord

Reaction score
Basically, I've got about £600 to play with and looking at coilovers
Just want some advise really
I don't want to go silly low with them, but more than what springs would offer, the key thing I'm after is comfort really,
The brands ive looked at are weitec, aps, supersport, fk konis and silvers, and v-maxx,
I've had aps before on my polo 9n, but I was silly low and the ride wasn't the best,

Thanks

Im happy with the standard sport spring ride quality, so I'm it's better than that and not bouncy, I'l be happy ha

If your mainly wanting comfort then it may be worth thinking about springs and shocks as well.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Do you really think so, Damian? I'm looking to sort out the suspension on my S3, but like Jord, my main consideration has to be ride comfort as I have a spinal injury. On my last car (Astra VXR) I had 30mm lowering springs and Koni FSD's. Do you think I'd be best going for something along the same lines again, ..ie H&R's and Koni FSD's? Soz for the hijack, Jord.

Paula x :)

Eibah springs and Bilstein shocks is generally the consensus I notice across many forums when it comes to a comfortable yet stiffer ride.

Saying that, I have H&R 55mm on my A3, and it isn't the best ride, granted, but it does look sooooo much better.

ive just about finished putting some v-maxx coilovers on mine for the money i think they are a quality set for 600 quid you could get some adjustable damping v-maxx coilovers pm n8 he sells them now

As much as I'm a fan of coilovers and the advantage of being able to get the perfect stance, springs and shocks are a more comfortable option.

Damian @ DPM Performance

My Weitec's that i got through DPM were fantastic

The ride was actually more comfortable than the standard S-Line suspension, allbeit a bit harder when you hit the potholes

Weitec would be my recommendation!

my mate used to have koni's on his vaux cav and they were stupidly harsh but i suppose it deppends on what brand they are doesnt it :beee:

Ok to narrow it down I'm thinking of the difference between aps and weitec gt
I know the price is different but if they aps ride the same as weitec then I'l go for them,
Im also having thoughts of just buying h&r springs and run them on oem struts, but my a3 has done 87000

Don't go for AP's if your gonna slam it, the AP's go really harsh and crashy when you wind the coils down below halfway!!

Its gonna be lowered about 50-60 mm so I can still drive over speedbumps ha

Its gonna be lowered about 50-60 mm so I can still drive over speedbumps ha

I was down 65mm on the Weitec's and i scaped on the speedbumps where there are 3 individual ones

The ones that go all the way across the road were fine if you took them slow, but the 3 individual ones i had to get both wheels on 1 and go over very slowly

Nearly decked a guy in a Merc once as he was beeping at me going over the bumps so slowly, so i stopped and dragged him out of his car

He didn't beep at me anymore

My Weitec's that i got through DPM were fantastic

The ride was actually more comfortable than the standard S-Line suspension, allbeit a bit harder when you hit the potholes

Weitec would be my recommendation!

and i bought them off him when he sold up and i concur