A3 ordered, but need to decide on the colour asap!

karena

Reaction score
Liked Dakota Grey in the show room then saw it outside and too browny...think meteor grey looks good. I know it is down to personal preference but opinions gratefully received pls!Lava grey too dark (almost black in bad light). :unsure:So difficult trying to see each colour in dealerships, never seem to have one or the other. Has meteor grey been around for many years? I am silvered out, have a tt roadster in silver and have had many silver cars. Live in the country so mud and dirt so white and blk out of the question. Oh, decisions, decisions, decisions. BTW having black leather and the model is a sportback SE 2 liter -SO EXCITED!:happy:

if it was an S-Line i'd recommend Monza Silver. that's a really nice colour. so is Misano Red, but that's an S-Line only colour too.

Meteor grey is quite a new colour. it replaced Dolphin Grey. i really like Meteor. they used to have Condor grey as well, but i think they dropped it.

it's tough. unless you want to go down the custom colour route you've already named all your options.

Thank you for your rapid response - condor grey still exists...You are right, I think i will stick with meteor but expect I will go BACK to the dealers tomorrow and have another look, hopefully in sunshine. Of course I found that every colour I looked at the sales people told me how popular the colour was!! Tonight got an email from the saleman to say he needs a decision pronto, he will have it tomorrow!! (unless someone else puts their two pennies worth in before then!!)

i saw one in volcano red the other day. looked sweet, go for something a bit different!

phantom black is the new black :laugh:
if its not black i like the lava grey!

Go for Ibis White - A real head turner, as I'm sure A3Sport will agree :) - Will be a matter of minutes!

brilliant red is a top colour a3's look awesome in red dont know if they do a3's in garnet red but thats a nice colour too another one is liquid blue dont know if they still do that colour tho anybody ??

Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White.

they've dropped both Garnet (replaced with Volcano Red) and Ice Blue (i think Sphere Blue replaced it, but they're nothing alike)

Phantom is a top colour, but i still maintain if i was ordering now i'd be ordering Monza Silver or Misano Red

they've dropped both Garnet (replaced with Volcano Red) and Ice Blue (i think Sphere Blue replaced it, but they're nothing alike)

Phantom is a top colour, but i still maintain if i was ordering now i'd be ordering Monza Silver or Misano Red

Or... Ibis White? :wub:

Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White
Ibis White.
christ how long did it take you to write all that dude lmfao , you like ibis white then

ah right shame i used to love all those colours we've had a few a3's in liquid blue , misano red is the winner for me such a nice colour is it still only on s-line's tho

Haha, it's all down to taste really (trying to stay unbiased - as A3Sport is maintained). I must stay the other colours are very nice, as I was tempted to go for a black one at first, but White did sway me!

Just have a trip out to the dealers, i'm sure you will make your mind up there! :)

IBIS WHITE...

Me no speak no English, Ibis is alls me know... k? Si?

Gracias

haha no not at all , suzuka grey is a quality colour too a mate of mine has got a 8p3 S3 in suzuka grey its so nice

it's a lot of money to pay tho. i could only justify it for Sepang Blue

so your vote is ibis white yes LMFAO

Haha.. bit of a mind reader are you? no clues ;)

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee Suzuka Grey though, looks class, not sure its worth the £2500ish though when 90% of the time it looks white (obviously not a thing wrong with that). But its an awesome colour!

:icon_thumright:

went through same dilema recently and eventually settled on scuba blue....still haven't seen it in flesh though, hoping it's as nice as expected! :jump:

Thanks for all your suggestions -white is a def.no no for me, as is black. So tomorrow off to another dealership when I can peacefully lookand decide without the sales person breathing down my neck!! Lava grey is almost black isnt it? Still keen on meteor. Black looks great but too much mud around here...cannot be cleaning it every day...

wait noooo.

i have phantom black but ive seen a few 8P2 with a light blue, turquoise like colour. don't know the name but its an amazing colour

Liked Dakota Grey in the show room then saw it outside and too browny...think meteor grey looks good. I know it is down to personal preference but opinions gratefully received pls!Lava grey too dark (almost black in bad light). :unsure:So difficult trying to see each colour in dealerships, never seem to have one or the other. Has meteor grey been around for many years? I am silvered out, have a tt roadster in silver and have had many silver cars. Live in the country so mud and dirt so white and blk out of the question. Oh, decisions, decisions, decisions. BTW having black leather and the model is a sportback SE 2 liter -SO EXCITED!:happy:

I too ordered mine originally in Dakota, until I saw it in the metal... yuk... So changed to Ibis white. I then had the oppotrunity of NOT waiting atleast 6 months for my car, and taking a Phantom Black one next month... So I will be taking delivery of my phantom black one next month!

UOTE=mrash;1203706]I too ordered mine originally in Dakota, until I saw it in the metal... yuk... So changed to Ibis white. I then had the oppotrunity of NOT waiting atleast 6 months for my car, and taking a Phantom Black one next month... So I will be taking delivery of my phantom black one next month![/QUOTE]

Those were my exact words to the dakota grey!!
So, latest installment, went to another dealer today, oh good grief no one could identify the meteor grey or any of the greys in fact, what a dreadful place! I walked round andround outside and eventually figured out what was what. Not a soul came to assist, I asked for a salesperson to assist (even a used car salesperson), one young lady came to assist but hadnt got a clue. Why dont they give their sales people trainig? Surely they should know what is what??:confused:
Looks like Meteor grey, seems to come lighter and darker depending on weather conditions. I looked at a new Lava Greynext to a meteor grey and noticed that the Lava had scratches on paintwork already (and it was brand new with no plates!).

one young lady came to assist but hadnt got a clue

a Mitsubishi dealership local to me used to employ this tactic - she flirts with you, and you spend more on the car. if i was in the market for a Mits it would have definitely worked on me. she was GORGEOUS - and yes guys are that stupid