Thule Roof Box for Sportback

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I now have to use a Mobility Scooter for 'walking' any distance. The one I have come apart easily and fits nicely into the luggage area of my Sportback. The actual seat goes on to the rear passenger seat. This rather restricts the space available for the cases when we go on holiday.

Has anyone used Thule or Audi roof bars and a Thule roof box on an A3 Sportback and have any recommendation for the type of bars and box to consider.

I looked around quite a lot and went for some Atera Signo aluminium roof bars last year for my Sportback. I think they were cheaper than Thule.
I've also borrowed a friends Thule Ranger soft box. Both worked well together.
The advantage I found with the soft box was that it can easily be removed and stored once you reach your destination. (Less tempting for thieves?)
You will find that you need to stand on the door cills to fit any roof box, load up cases and strap them down.
I would also suggest you carefully consider the size of your cases as it's not that easy lifting them up to head height and holding them out in front of you to get them into the roof box.