I Guess I Went "In"

N8

Kowalski Details
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi guys,

Been wanting to post this thread up for a while now, but just wanted to keep it under wraps for UD :happy:

Its just an update thread really of all the new mods that have been going on over the last few months. I took the car off road midway through November and then I started modding the first week in Jan.

The car went down to Luke @ Plush Automotive and the first thing to get done was charcoal coloured alcantara headlining:

Headliner5.jpg

Headliner4.jpg

I wanted to get rid of the black leather on the steering wheel so I then followed the ceiling onto the steering wheel:

DSC09219.jpg

Feels so much nicer to drive with now, it was trimmed by Roy Dixon @ Autotrim in Liverpool. I had a few more purple bits done by MJ, the triangles, the gear gaitor and handbrake:

DSC09216.jpg

One thing that became massively evident last summer after having the air and trim done, was to take the car to a higher level again I knew I had to sort the recesses front and rear, so that I did (Ignore the wonky S-Line badge, that will get sorted):

DSC09232.jpg

DSC09224.jpg

I also deleted the exhaust:

DSC09225.jpg

The back end looks soooo much cleaner and wider now, over the moon with it:

DSC09223.jpg

With me being me, I decided some new rims were necessary! Now I've wanted these wheels for about 2 years, and my refurber had 3 of them just sat on the side in his unit since 18 months ago, so he gave me them @ a steal. I bought a 4th one, and it had a massive flat spot so I got refunded and had a buy a new one, which hurt.

They are C63 AMG 19" alloys

DSC09226.jpg

They are 9s on the rear with a 10mm spacer and 8s on the front with a 5mm spacer, wrapped in Falken 452 215/35/19s. When I first fitted the wheels I had some issues with camber. The passenger rear was out, so it tucked but the drivers rear was bang on, so when I laid frame the arch was sat on the rim, not good! Damaged my arch and the wheel, had to have it re-done last week! I've now had the camber set to -2 on the rear, but I'm gonna be fitting 8mm spacers this week as they are really aggressive on the back..

But I'm made up with the wheels and they give the car look more hench

DSC09229.jpg

DSC09231.jpg

DSC09235.jpg

This is daily ride height for those who always ask me

DSC09255.jpg

DSC09254.jpg

One of the benefits with these over the Helios is they show off the front brakes alot better, I had many comments over the weekend "are those brakes new" they've been on since November 2009!

DSC09237.jpg

But the main mod was out back again. Luke had been a very busy boy. Underneath this very practical boot

DSC09253.jpg

Was just a work of art...

DSC09247.jpg

Luke had done a full hardline install. I've now upgraded to 4 x 480cc compressors (had 2 before) and I had a longer tank (still 5 gallon) sprayed Akoya as well:

DSC09251.jpg

The tank just fills super super quick now and the bit is abit more practical from before, the car was on the Plush stand @ UD, was a really busy show and enjoyed it!

DSC09189.jpg

Got a few niggling issues that I need to sort with the car, but I'll be doing more mods throughout the year!

Thanks for looking & sorry for rambling on. All comments and feedback welcome.

Cheers Nath

Reactions: J8Y PW and AjayB
Lot of love and attention has been lavished on that car. Wish I had your budget LOL, there's loads I'd love to do with my car!!! Oh well maybe when I'm a dentist!

Really like the alcantara. Purple gaiter and triangles is perhaps a bit much for me, I'd perhaps have gone with black with purple stitching, with matching thread on the steering wheel ofc.

Glad the purple wheels have made a return too. Air ride looks the shiz, almost a shame to cover it with that trimmed box!

Glad to see the recesses done as well, looks miles better

Last edited:
Loving the new hoops and additions fella!

The Helios were sexy, but these are the next level!!

As always, car is looking amazing nath!

N8, the cars looking glorious as ever... Think I prefer the helios but these amg wheels will probs grow on me I think... Keep up the good work!

i saw your car at ud yesterday it was good to see it in the flesh after reading about all the work you have put in to it over the years a real benchmark for us all
made me decide to keep my car and try harder lol

Looks great but I will never understand the fashion of lowering to the point where the wheel disappears under the arch, and you have two massive gaps either side around the bottom of the arch. For me the wheel should be central to the wheelarch

I guess it's just me though as lots of people do it

Reactions: Cheese
Good write up N8. Love the RS6 steering wheel before even more so now. And C63 rims all the way looking good!!!!

loving your car mate... i bet you cant get enough of that purple ;)

Car looks stunning N8. Is there a story to the purple theme or is it just your fave colour?

Last edited:
And Now I understand why your month was a little more expensive than mine!!!!!!!!

Loving the roof and wheel, such detailing. Might have to get some driving gloves to protect that wheel!

That boot too! one of a kind SB

saw your car yesterday mate , not majorly keen on the wheels as i think multi spoke can look a bit halfords on the a3 , Rest looks spoton tho mate , Some very nice A3s there yesterday !

:wub:
Siiiiiiccccckkk as ever dude

Nath Man you have smashed it!!! did you take the car off the road to save some moneys lol!! i now understand what all the moaning was about with regards to spemnding haha! but well worth it mate... car is sick!! ABSOLUTELY LOVING the wheel & headliner in alcantara :wub: The wheels are just different level! ive been looking around for something different in the wheel world & have looked at all but never really though of these.. sort of forgot they came in 19" sick sick sick!

out of interest, how did they do the recess at the back? is it smaller to accomodate a small plate? how the feck did you sort that? & in a wierd way i like the deleted exhaust... where is it now? behind the bumper?

well done mate, was worth the wait to see it... :respekt:

saw your car yesterday mate , not majorly keen on the wheels as i think multi spoke can look a bit halfords on the a3 , Rest looks spoton tho mate , Some very nice A3s there yesterday !

are you serious? :blink::lmfao:

Your car was class, I took a few photos of it aswell. Keep up the good work

the car is looking absolutely bang on!

the AMGs are another level and look perfect on the car! mega jealous!

loved it mate, i didn't even realise inside was all alcantara just thought the wheel was, didn't notice boot as it was up. boots cool, you have it like that as you use it daily?

if am honest i didn't really think the wheels went with the hype there nice! but thought helios suited it better.

looks good lad, always like exhaust delete, and "US style" tailgate with shorter recess is nice touch

Last edited:
Car looking good mate, not keen on the purple theme tho, but hey, each to is own. Love the tailgate & exhuast delete.

Thanks for all the comments and feedback guys, just to sum up on a few of the things that have been said. I chose Purple, as the car is Akoya and in the sunlight there is alot of purple in the paintwork. Plus when I bought the RS4 buckets, my fiancee suggested we go purple, as they were in desperate need of a trim. So thats what we did, and colour coded the rims to match.

I knew the wheels would get a mixed review. I think people don't like/unsure because they are a very simple looking wheel, so they can be perceived as looking to boggy/basic. I kinda had that thought in my head momentarily when I put them on. But the more you look @ them, the more you realise how sick they are. They work for me as they are an OEM wheel, they are clean and simple and best of all, they've never been done before, this is my favourite picture of them so far:

2599074c.jpg

Looks great but I will never understand the fashion of lowering to the point where the wheel disappears under the arch, and you have two massive gaps either side around the bottom of the arch. For me the wheel should be central to the wheelarch

With you on that one, the massive gaps at either side of the wheel looks daft to me, not sure about the purple wheels either.

Rest of it is damn fine looking though.

Paul

How heavy are they N8, are they lightweight sports wheels or heavy luxury car with a big engine wheels?

OMG N8, your car is a pure thing of beauty and your latest mods are amazing, ..can't decide which I love most, the AMG's, the retrim or your new bum! Mind blowing, Dude. Love it all!!! :applaus:

Paula x

Just curious is all no need to go digging or anything :thumbsup:

Daylight pic looks a lot better, although still unsure on the purple wheels, would prefer silver inserts with diamond turned faces for the factory look.

Shortened recess and everything else is a big improvement though!

Last edited:
N8, car looked awesome yesterday, came to speak to you but some guy said you had disapeared and i forgot to come back over to find you. I tried to get some pics but there was loads of people in front of it getting in the way!

Also loved the mk5 with the pinky coloured seats parked behind you.

Just curious is all no need to go digging or anything :thumbsup:

I'll find out for you bro, not a problem.

Daylight pic looks a lot better, although still unsure on the purple wheels, would prefer silver inserts with diamond turned faces for the factory look.

Shortened recess and everything else is a big improvement though!

The diamond cut face and purple centres would have looked like a chav fest.

N8, car looked awesome yesterday, came to speak to you but some guy said you had disapeared and i forgot to come back over to find you. I tried to get some pics but there was loads of people in front of it getting in the way!

Also loved the mk5 with the pinky coloured seats parked behind you.

Cheers Lee, I missed alot of people, that was Luke's old car, he's sold it to that girl and he's driving an RS4 now.

Thanks for all the comments and feedback guys, just to sum up on a few of the things that have been said. I chose Purple, as the car is Akoya and in the sunlight there is alot of purple in the paintwork. Plus when I bought the RS4 buckets, my fiancee suggested we go purple, as they were in desperate need of a trim. So thats what we did, and colour coded the rims to match.

I knew the wheels would get a mixed review. I think people don't like/unsure because they are a very simple looking wheel, so they can be perceived as looking to boggy/basic. I kinda had that thought in my head momentarily when I put them on. But the more you look @ them, the more you realise how sick they are. They work for me as they are an OEM wheel, they are clean and simple and best of all, they've never been done before, this is my favourite picture of them so far:

2599074c.jpg

Hey bud, no need to feel that you have to justify your decisions at all, you will always have people disagreeing / agreeing with modified cars, that what makes it the scene we love, people trying different things. Would be dead boring if we all liked the same things, so, hats off to you & other people like you, wish I had the vision / balls / money to do things.

I agree with what your saying bro. The only judgement is in my head, I'm not 1 of these people who goes "WHAT DO YOU THINK WHAT DO YOU THINK" I know plenty of INDECISIVE people like that, my fiancee one of them, but she's a woman, they haven't got a clue have they :ninja: :laugh: :wub:

Its diferent so people will hate it .that picture above looks like a saloon race car .Its a marmite moment love it or hate it .I think people will copy it! Win from me and the misses infact shes looking at it more than me LOL ,Good lad i dont need no excuses now