Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    3rd Gear

Status

My A3 S Line :-)

Thought I should post up pics of my A3 that I bought a couple of weeks ago. I have many plans for this as its just in standard form at the moment.

Gave a good going over yesterday and then took the pics - Lave Grey just looks so dam good with the suns out :-) Which is why I took some more pics today too.

I washed it with Poorboys Super Slick and Suds
    Clayed it with Sonus Clay Bar, using Poorboys Clay Lube
    Went over it with my Porter Cable Polisher using Sonus SFX2 Swirl Remover polish
    Then glazed and sealed it with Chemical Guys M Seal
    Then waxed it by hand using Poorboys Natty Blue Wax
    The wheels were done with Chemical Guys Wheel Cleaner and Wax

Took a while, but the results were more than worth it. Deep and smooth paint which should last a while.

Last edited by Agent_Trig; 13th March 2011 at 22:29.
    WANTED: S3 Side Skirts (3DR)

A3 S Line DSG TDi 140 (56) | Lava Grey | Groove & Drilled Discs | Green Stuff Pads | Eibach Sportline Springs | Eibach Spacers | Full heated leather | RNS-E 2010 MK2 | Rear Parking Sensors | Interior Light Pack | Heated Mirrors

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Very Nice!
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Niooooooooooooooce

Interior Next!!

Status
    Very nice mate. Wish I had the skills to get my paint that good!
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3RYE View Post
    Very nice mate. Wish I had the skills to get my paint that good!
    Thanks but it's not that hard to be honest.

Just time and a nice day is all you need. Oh, and some decent products too :-)

There are still a couple of deeper scratches which haven't come out fully so I'll need to go over those with a more abrasive polish but other than that, it's pretty clean.

A3 S Line DSG TDi 140 (56) | Lava Grey | Groove & Drilled Discs | Green Stuff Pads | Eibach Sportline Springs | Eibach Spacers | Full heated leather | RNS-E 2010 MK2 | Rear Parking Sensors | Interior Light Pack | Heated Mirrors

5th Gear

Status
    looking good lad
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

3rd Gear

Status
    Got some oem A3 mats from Audi and some oem DSG pedals from a fellow forum member and I am very pleased with the results :-)
    They are only minor things, but once fitted they do add some class to the interior.

See for yourself...

Feedback welcome as always :-)

Audi Heaven

Status
    Nice car and Lava Grey is the best colour!!! Pedals look good too...
    Scott

Audi A3 Sportback 2.0T Quattro S-Line 2007 8P2
    Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, iPod, Auto Lights & Wipers, Interior Light Pack

A3 2.0TDI Sportback S-Line

Status

My Social Networking

Follow _GRP_ On Twitter Visit _GRP_'s Instagram Channel
    Looking good, glad you got the pedels OK and no problem with fitting... any way on here to give feedback or a rating for classified sales?

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by motox-collect.com View Post
    Looking good, glad you got the pedels OK and no problem with fitting... any way on here to give feedback or a rating for classified sales?
    Fitting them was pretty straight forward, but it did take me a while to unplug the adapter from the back of the accelerator pedal. There is hardly any slack on the cable to be able to get your hand in a good position and you have to push a grey tab in pretty far to release it.

If there is a way of leaving feedback on here, let me know and I'll leave some for ya mate. Cheers

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by audicruiser View Post
    Nice car and Lava Grey is the best colour!!! Pedals look good too...
    It certainly is the best colour when that sun comes out

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Gotta love some S3 DSG pedals

The King of Cannock

Status
    I do love lava grey one of my fav colours

Air, OZ, Tarrox, on a TDI

Per ardua

Status

Talking

Car looks mint mate. Some facelift rear lights would look good next

Looking into doing my own paint correcting this summer too. Have you done it before or did you just dive in? I've been advised to buy a gash panel from the scrappy and have a go first.
    For sale:
    RS6 18" alloys
    S-line 8p2 chrome grill
    Pm me.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rockape View Post
    Car looks mint mate. Some facelift rear lights would look good next

Looking into doing my own paint correcting this summer too. Have you done it before or did you just dive in? I've been advised to buy a gash panel from the scrappy and have a go first.
    Cheers dude. MY11 rear lights are on my list.

I've done it quite a few times over the last few years but to be honest, its not hard. Just use decent tools and products and you'll be fine.
    I haven't done anything like wet-sanding the paint to get any stubborn scratches out as that is a bit too scary for me haha but the rest is pretty straight forward.

With yours being a red car, I would say that it should be a little more forgiving too as red doesn't show up the imperfections as much as darker colour cars do. I may be wrong though, I'm sure someone on here can clarify this.