My A3 S Line :-)

Agent_Trig

Reaction score
Thought I should post up pics of my A3 that I bought a couple of weeks ago. I have many plans for this as its just in standard form at the moment.

Gave a good going over yesterday and then took the pics - Lave Grey just looks so dam good with the suns out :) Which is why I took some more pics today too.

I washed it with Poorboys Super Slick and Suds
Clayed it with Sonus Clay Bar, using Poorboys Clay Lube
Went over it with my Porter Cable Polisher using Sonus SFX2 Swirl Remover polish
Then glazed and sealed it with Chemical Guys M Seal
Then waxed it by hand using Poorboys Natty Blue Wax
The wheels were done with Chemical Guys Wheel Cleaner and Wax

Took a while, but the results were more than worth it. Deep and smooth paint which should last a while.

a3-front.JPG

a3-wheel.JPG

a3-gloss.jpg

a3-front1.jpg

a3-side.JPG

a3-rear.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice mate. Wish I had the skills to get my paint that good!:anbet:

Very nice mate. Wish I had the skills to get my paint that good!:anbet:

Thanks but it's not that hard to be honest.

Just time and a nice day is all you need. Oh, and some decent products too :)

There are still a couple of deeper scratches which haven't come out fully so I'll need to go over those with a more abrasive polish but other than that, it's pretty clean.

Got some oem A3 mats from Audi and some oem DSG pedals from a fellow forum member and I am very pleased with the results :)
They are only minor things, but once fitted they do add some class to the interior.

See for yourself...

mat.JPG

pedal.JPG

pedals.jpg

Feedback welcome as always :)

Nice car and Lava Grey is the best colour!!! Pedals look good too...

Looking good, glad you got the pedels OK and no problem with fitting... any way on here to give feedback or a rating for classified sales?

Looking good, glad you got the pedels OK and no problem with fitting... any way on here to give feedback or a rating for classified sales?

Fitting them was pretty straight forward, but it did take me a while to unplug the adapter from the back of the accelerator pedal. There is hardly any slack on the cable to be able to get your hand in a good position and you have to push a grey tab in pretty far to release it.

If there is a way of leaving feedback on here, let me know and I'll leave some for ya mate. Cheers

:wub::wub: I do love lava grey one of my fav colours

Car looks mint mate. Some facelift rear lights would look good next:)

Looking into doing my own paint correcting this summer too. Have you done it before or did you just dive in? I've been advised to buy a gash panel from the scrappy and have a go first.

Car looks mint mate. Some facelift rear lights would look good next:)

Looking into doing my own paint correcting this summer too. Have you done it before or did you just dive in? I've been advised to buy a gash panel from the scrappy and have a go first.

Cheers dude. MY11 rear lights are on my list.

I've done it quite a few times over the last few years but to be honest, its not hard. Just use decent tools and products and you'll be fine.
I haven't done anything like wet-sanding the paint to get any stubborn scratches out as that is a bit too scary for me haha but the rest is pretty straight forward.

With yours being a red car, I would say that it should be a little more forgiving too as red doesn't show up the imperfections as much as darker colour cars do. I may be wrong though, I'm sure someone on here can clarify this.