Tyre pressure button, need MY10/11 button holes :(

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
In my quest to fit the tyre pressure monitor, I had alomst everything fitted only to find the button was for a pre Facelift car, sent it back to Stoke Audi who have sent on the correct switch - or so i think?

The switch they have sent is one of the middle switches as opposed to the far left blanked switch hole (to the left of the passenger air bag light) - this would mean to use this one id have to replace my coin tray with the additional button holes on the right hand side of the hazzard light switch.....does anyone have a MY09/10 with the tyre pressure monitor? just wondering if mine would have had the coin tray deleted had this mod been fitted from the factory, or if the far left button is the one i need

i don't have tyre pressure, but i don't think the pre MY11 cars even had a button. i think it was all done thru DIS or something.

but that said, the MY11 cars don't have separate buttons, all 7 buttons come as a single unit? i'm quite confused...

ignore all that - it looks like pre-MY11 8P3 cars would probably have had their card tray deleted.

that said, the buttons are all totally interchangable. depending on how OCD you are you could get a different button from:

CarStyle4you

but it won't be OEM looking, you'd have to get something else. maybe the one with the thumb tacks on it :p? or maybe even ask them if they can make you a custom one.

Hi I have the tyre pressure in my 2010 s3 and I don't have the coin/card holder. From memory its something like 3rd in from the right, if you want me to take a snap let me know.

Here you go...
02102009894C.jpg

Im sure the MY11 onwards car, the tyre pressure is activated via the DIS. There was a thread a while back about it.

Nigel & I looked through ETKA for a button combo that had the tyre pressure switch & couldnt see one (as said, MY11 has a single switch unit with buttons for what ever options you have)

Part of the problem is there are a lot of changes around the MY10/MY11 years.

I may sound really stupid hear so forgive me but what does it do? Obvoiously checks the tyre pressure but does it show you the pressure on the DIS for each individual wheel? Or just say they are all ok?

Cheers chaps, as thought I'm gonna have to source the additional three button piece to replace the coin tray....******....was trying to get rid of the blanking buttons n looking it looks like one of the buttons is for front parking sensors....the far left one is magnetic ride

MY09 used the far left button only iirc, MY10 changed to an all in one trim/button unit cause the MY09 buttons were so ****** aligned/wonky, but MY11 doesnt have the button at all, as its now in the DIS menu's.

Show us a pic of your button, as atm it seems you've obviously been supplied the wrong button as even etka only shows far left for tpms & they couldnt of supplied a MY10/11 version as it comes as a whole unit not 1 button.

Whats the button part number?

I'll check when i get home Nige.....the button is defo a middle button as it is perfectly square as opposed to the ends which are curved....what do you mean wonky on the MY09's, mine seem fine and perfectly aligned?

So im guessing the MY11's have different software? or indeed different modules yet again - they like making things easy for us dont they :/

right, ive ordered the correct bit.....but as this was a back order item i cant get a refund...so anyone wanting a MY09/10/11 tyre pressure switch pm me £10 delivered - this is the switch which fits to the right of the hazard button

Whats the part number & got a pic, as by all accounts, etka doesnt show anyother tpms switch position.

The one I have apparently is for the 09/10 model year as opposed to 08/09 according to Stoke....

The one i have is 8P0 927 121 C...seem to rem Stoke sayin i needed B but await confirmation on that, ordered that one today

I see a difference now in etka, it does actually go on the far left tbh for both versions, but there are 2 types, 5C0 & 5C1, 1 with special body measures & 1 without, please show us a pic of your one as I'm intrigued & that also explains why it was on back order as its generally not used afaik.

will do Nige...... await that one coming through, it will only be the size of the middle or end plug closest the hazard, ive not held it up against the dash yet but you wont be able to tell from the photo - its just a squared of FL button

Ah sorry thought you had the wrong button in hand to show us?

I've been trying to figure out what the special body measure is all about as its not solely this area aswell it shows up in, strange.

Ah sorry thought you had the wrong button in hand to show us?

I've been trying to figure out what the special body measure is all about as its not solely this area aswell it shows up in, strange.

It's for cars that are for the American market LOL

TBH probably right, these some fatties over there huh

Hi, has this been bottomed out?, I have a 09 and want to fit TPMS, so can anyone confrim the part number for the tpms button for the far left?