Help in the USA! 2011 A3 = how to change the brightness of the LED DRL's?

pretarion

Reaction score
Hello from the west.
I just purchased a 2011 A3 and noticed that the LED DRL's dim when you turn on the headlights.
There is talk on here about changing the coding to allow the LED's to be brighter or to stay the constant brightness once the lights are turned on.
Can anyone help me out?
Thanks
Tim

Yea they dim with dipped lights, and signal left/right! Would you still see them clearly with the lights on though even if they were brighter?

The main reason is when I want to just run the fogs and LED's, the LED's dim. And I want the full intensity when I am running the fogs.

The main reason is when I want to just run the fogs and LED's, the LED's dim. And I want the full intensity when I am running the fogs.

running full brightness LED's will blind you in fog. its reduced for a reason

Why would you want to run the fogs without sidelights/headlights?

ok, thanks alot guys! It was just a simple question that I was asking. I will look elsewhere!
Cheers

UK has a different set up and different laws !

The only way to get your question answered is to find someone near to you with VCDS who can have a look at the alternatives or take it to a dealer and ask them the question.

If you have access to VCDS take a look in the module 09-Cent Elec. Thats where all the settings for DRLs are held. I did see some settings about DRL Dimming somewhere.