Removing DSG gear knob

Agent_Trig

Reaction score
How does it come off?

I have a new leather boot to fit which means taking the knob off first. Does it just pull off?

Thanks

the "trigger" button, you pull it all the way out and then you have to secure it with something like one of those plastic garbage bag ties. then it comes off. don't pull it too hard or it'll come off completely. that happened to me and i can't figure out how to get it back in. (it does go back in tho.)

the "trigger" button, you pull it all the way out and then you have to secure it with something like one of those plastic garbage bag ties. then it comes off. don't pull it too hard or it'll come off completely. that happened to me and i can't figure out how to get it back in. (it does go back in tho.)

Thanks for the reply.

But what do you mean by "secure it with a bag tie" and "dont pull it off completely"? It would need to come off completely in order for me to get the new boot in wouldn't it? I just dont wanna mess this up cause I cant afford to have the car off the road while I try and figure out what I've done wrong haha

i meant the button specifically. doesn't matter a massive load if it does come out. the car is still perfectly drivable

secure it means hold it in the "out" position. it'll click back in otherwise.

bag ties = the black things:

BAG-TIE10.jpg

imgres

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Gonna try this tomorrow along with a grille change :)