Fuel choice to help keep injectors in good nick?

Wonker

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

About a week after getting my A3, one of the injectors went. Luckily, it was still under warranty and they've sorted it. I asked them if there was anything I could do to stop this happening again, they told me there is nothing I can do to guarantee that it won't happen again but the only fuel I should use is either Shell optimax or the BP Ultimate.

Would you agree with this or do you have any other recommendations?

Are there any other tips that you could pass on with regards to this kind of thing (not specifically do do with the injectors), what oil should I use, do I need to change the air filter (and if yes, what one is best) etc?

From reading the many posts I can see that I am not the only one who has had problems with the injectors on the 170 A3; please forgive my ignorance but I am completely new to the Audi world.

Many thanks

Wonker

Well apparently the 170 has piezo (spelling?) injectors which have a electrical fault which grounds the engine so the offending injector needs replacing.

AFAIK its a design fault which audi will not admit. However in late 2007 they changed supplier of these to something like denzo? or something which do not suffer this problem.

Shouldn't be anything to do with the fuel used. Most people just say well its a matter of time before they all go one by one. Your new one will be fine though

Theres a couple of lengthy threads in the A4 B7 section. I have a 170ps B7 by the way.

Well apparently the 170 has piezo (spelling?) injectors which have a electrical fault which grounds the engine so the offending injector needs replacing.

AFAIK its a design fault which audi will not admit. However in late 2007 they changed supplier of these to something like denzo? or something which do not suffer this problem.

Shouldn't be anything to do with the fuel used. Most people just say well its a matter of time before they all go one by one. Your new one will be fine though

Theres a couple of lengthy threads in the A4 B7 section. I have a 170ps B7 by the way.

"A matter of time before they al go" :sadlike: That's put the fear of God into me! At £600 quid a pop there is no way I could affort that. Scared now!

As for my question, I suppose I was just asking 'generally' is there something I should be doing (certain petrol, additives etc) to try give my injectors a helping hand?

Cheers

Wonker

there are 2 different types of injectors apparently, one is bosh which is ok and the other which make I dont remeber are faulty. Correct me if I'm wrong