Retrofit Folding mirrors - part numbers

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
I am contemplating this mod as I am sick of walking around the car upon exit day after day to fold in my mirrors. Does anyone know the part numbers for the dimming or none dimming mirrors for an 8P3 - after reading up they seem plug n play, obviously the ideal would be to fit the auto lights/wipers eventually via Nige but until I can get the parts cheap enough, im gonna side line that...... could also do with part number for rear view mirror too

I have tried registering with VAGcat but cant seem to open the catalogue to view the numbers :(

cheers

Tim

I have a full set of folding, dimming etc I will maybe selling, maybe I can do a supply/fit for the whole system rear view, auto lights etc, the mirrors alone I have are approx 1k from audi mate, so sensible offers only, you'll need proper door modules for them aswell, of which I can sort probably, PM if interested.

cheers Nige...I was going to contact you for the auto stuff but am not looking at going nuts deep yet on the whole package....id be close to a grand for that lot..... my inspiration came from seeing some bits on ebay, the folding parts which i understand are plug and play with an MY09 car?? obviously buying the door switch....also my door modules are the updated ones already aren't they? with it being a post 07 car....

It really isnt worth my while coming to you just for the mirrors, it'd cost me about £80 in fuel just to get where you are....

Tim

2 Door car

8P2 858 531 FC (left)
8P2 858 532 FC (right)

£170 ish each

PR codes are 6XC and 6XK only (6XK is autodimming as well)

Edit : just looked again and those parts appear to be just the main body and do not include any covers or lenses or even the mirror glass !!

The covers in primer are £100 each and the mirror glass £33 each

There are dozens of bits involved !

Last edited:
cheers Mike....much appreciated

I take it these are the base units and i just need to swap my covers over and buy the glass.....

brill cheers fella..... I should be able to use my existing housings id guess, and existing glass until I get around to the auto dimming rear view mirror....

extra parts? no sound good :)

The other bits and pieces seem to be various covers internal and external and the indicator lenses and the odd bolt.

Don't know whether these are the same as yours or not !

i've just posted in the stoke Audi section only last night so will cross ref these with yours and update the thread...sure this will be asked time and time again so once sorted i'll put a fitting guide together..... could do with getting my hands on the wiring diagrams, are these easily attainable?

i did question that too as your numbers show 8P2 not 8P3 as i would have expected for dumbo mirrors

Those numbers I gave you were from MY 2011

Just checked MY 2010 and the part numbers are the same except they start 8P1 ??

MY 2012 is also 8P2

Make of that what you will !!

ah in that case i think we're almost sorted....will wait what Stoke come back with as additional required items

i think the MY11/12's have diffferent mirrors so im prob after 8P1

Last edited: