A3 Sportsback 170 300bhp+

Personally i think you'll struggle getting a turbo large enough to flow 300hp, without turning it into a lagtastic thing which doesnt spool till 3k.

Dervs use around 50% more air than a petrol engine for a given power output, so 300hp from a derv needs a compressor wheel which will flow around 45lb/min, and a 45lb/min turbo on a petrol engine would produce around 450hp, which as you can imagine is a ****** huge turbo, and even with VGT is going to be pretty laggy.

Finding a single large turbo that will flow 45lb/min and has VGT will be pretty difficult in itself i recon.

poor guy asks for performance help n everyone bombs him with " get an s3 " hahahah :)

poor guy asks for performance help n everyone bombs him with " get an s3 " hahahah :)

Its a bit like when some one asks a question about an S3, Paddy tells us to get a 3.2......:sly:

Last edited:
Personally i think you'll struggle getting a turbo large enough to flow 300hp, without turning it into a lagtastic thing which doesnt spool till 3k.

Dervs use around 50% more air than a petrol engine for a given power output, so 300hp from a derv needs a compressor wheel which will flow around 45lb/min, and a 45lb/min turbo on a petrol engine would produce around 450hp, which as you can imagine is a ****** huge turbo, and even with VGT is going to be pretty laggy.

Finding a single large turbo that will flow 45lb/min and has VGT will be pretty difficult in itself i recon.

GT3063v is good for over 300 bhp easy and isn`t any more laggy then a GT2060v with the right tune etc.