RS3...should i!!!..Discounts???

mojo555

Reaction score
Been thinking about swapping the s3 for the rs3, but not really sure what the finance would be so am going to get to audi sometime soon to ask some q's, also does anyone know if there any discounts to be had????

Thanks

Been thinking about swapping the s3 for the rs3, but not really sure what the finance would be so am going to get to audi sometime soon to ask some q's, also does anyone know if there any discounts to be had????

Thanks

Discounts... Your having a laugh mate. They are all factory order and each dealership has a number of allocated slots. If I had the money I would though!! :icon_thumright:

yeh that's what i thought and i don't really have the money!!! just really fancy one....

There must be discounts available... 5% minimum I reckon .

NO just tune up the S3 a bit and save the money, thats what i decided to do after i found out that there was no manual option

Personally I wouldn't pay atleast 45k for an RS3, which is basically a speced up A3. I would go for the S3, as brough74 said, tuned it up if you want the extra power.. I was looking through the options for the RS3, then I stumbled across the RS3 Exclusive floor mats... for £450!!

Personally I wouldn't pay atleast 45k for an RS3, which is basically a speced up A3. I would go for the S3, as brough74 said, tuned it up if you want the extra power.. I was looking through the options for the RS3, then I stumbled across the RS3 Exclusive floor mats... for £450!!

Yeah but an RS model will always be an RS model. Look at the prices of second hand RS4's compared to S4's.... Plus, think of the tuning potential of the RS3!! It is a lot of many though I agree and for the money I would be looking at a second hand RS6!

Yeah but an RS model will always be an RS model. Look at the prices of second hand RS4's compared to S4's.... Plus, think of the tuning potential of the RS3!! It is a lot of many though I agree and for the money I would be looking at a second hand RS6!

Yes, but it's still an A3!! Wouldn't it be better to save up a few more thousand and possibly look at a second hand R8?

carfinance.net you will get discount as they buy as fleet. l am getting 800 quid of an a1 where straight from audi l get none.

I think the UK allocation is sold out anyway. You might be able to pick one up when they're delivered (Sept / Oct time apparently) if someone who has ordered decides they don't want it.

ok been to the stealers and i officially can't afford one :(, so what are peoples thoughts on getting a new s3 sportback with dsg and a couple of other options in suzuka grey or sprint blue???
My thoughts are...how much will they start dropping now the rs3 has been announce also the next gen a3 is just around the corner (although the s3 will be longer to come).
The sales guy said the s3 sportback dropped £435 last month mainly due to the reg change.

Oh and forgot to say the wife thinks we should go derv power and a cheaper car seen as the fuel prices are going through the roof!!

ok been to the stealers and i officially can't afford one :(, so what are peoples thoughts on getting a new s3 sportback with dsg and a couple of other options in suzuka grey or sprint blue???
My thoughts are...how much will they start dropping now the rs3 has been announce also the next gen a3 is just around the corner (although the s3 will be longer to come).
The sales guy said the s3 sportback dropped £435 last month mainly due to the reg change.

What did the dealership quote you?

carfinance.net you will get discount as they buy as fleet. l am getting 800 quid of an a1 where straight from audi l get none.

A1 isn't quite the same as a RS3 is it. The RS3 is a limited run and the A1 is a new run of the mill model...

Depends what you need or want from a car I guess....

Thats exactly it mate, i need the car to do everything ie ferry the kids around the shopping etc wouldn't really work in something like an R8, besides which people seem to forget about the potential costs of a car that is out of warranty not to mention the running costs of something like an R8!!!

I spoke to three dealers (all from different dealer networks) and nobody will give you any discount on the car. At only 500 cars, Audi will have no problems getting the full asking price for the car and as Autocar quote "if your names not down, you aint coming in!!"

There are people out there who are willing to spend 40K on a super hatch. It seems that Audi at the moment are having no problems hitting their sales targets on new cars hence discounts are more difficult to come by.

Last edited:
Been to the local BMW dealer today, first time i have been in aBMW dealership for about 7 years!!! quite impressed really they do seem to be slightly ahead in terms of engine choices but not too sure about interior as yet, the 325 diesel does look appealing...

I was offered a good price on a new s3 dsg also by my local dealer...

Mojo - i know what you mean in terms of engines and interior. I think the BMW diesel engines are probably the best pick of the bunch.
I had a 320D previously and found the engine in terms of refinement, drive and performance to be much superior then that of the A4 2.0L TDi. The only thing that lets the BMW down was the interior. Even A 50K M3 has nothing on an S3 when it comes to interior!

BMW need to start investing some money on the "inside" of the car!

Mojo - i know what you mean in terms of engines and interior. I think the BMW diesel engines are probably the best pick of the bunch.
I had a 320D previously and found the engine in terms of refinement, drive and performance to be much superior then that of the A4 2.0L TDi. The only thing that lets the BMW down was the interior. Even A 50K M3 has nothing on an S3 when it comes to interior!

BMW need to start investing some money on the "inside" of the car!

Thats exactly it, its a shame really as my next car will more than likely be a diesel unfortunatley.... Just don't know if i can bring myself to do it, but it may sound stupid but its probably a good time in terms of losses to sell the S3....

Really need to grow out of the fast car thing and save some pennies!

You ordered an RS3???

I have ordered one, yes!

Was a spur of the moment decision but then again i did the same with the S3 and never regretted it. Sold the S3 a few weeks back which i sadly miss - it was only a year old! I'm buying a 'run about' so the RS3 will only really be a weekend car as opposed to the S3 which i used everyday.

I agree with XS2 - the only Audi diesel engine worth getting if your buying a larger Audi is the 3.0L. I drove the 2.0L lump in the A5 and it was gutless and the extra money on the 2.7 is not really worth it albeit Quattro!
The BMW wins hands down in the 2.0L category.

I did on the other hand consider the 123D coupe and that engine is great with the Twin Turbo - plenty of low down kick! The interior let me down and i changed my mind and went for the S3 instead. Two different cars i know but the 123D has great potential when remapped!

Last edited: