folding mirror fuse?

mrmchammer

Reaction score
Hi, sorry i seem to be asking a million questions at the moment! New car an all that though!!

anyway on my S3 it supposedly has folding in mirrors, the knob on the door seems to suggest it too, however it doesnt work. On the driver side mirror i can adjust it up and down, left and right but it doesnt fold in. On the passenger side it will only adjust in and out, not up and down. When i select to fold the mirrors in nothing happens but then the adjustments to the mirrors stop working too for a bit then come back on (im assuming its because the car thinks the mirrors have been folded in) Im wondering if the fuse is blow or something? The heating bit works when selected though.

No fuse, as its controlled via door module, you need to get it on vcds to check the measuring blocks of the door module to see what its seeing, sounds like coding, dodgy switch or door module, how old is the car, where are you based?

its a 57 and im in cardiff, noticed the indicators dont work on the mirrors either... my car holds many secrets!

Uh 1 sec, has your car had some mods done as 57 plate doesnt have indicators on mirrors, only mid 08 onwards.

yeah, its a funny one. 57 plate but has facelift front, updated rear lights, and wheels and mirrors... cant work out if it was from dealer like that, i thought perhaps it was a demo car (as it comes with lots of options) which was facelifted to be sold when new ones came out? either that or ive bought a terrible cut and shut....

Well if you need the issues looked into, then PM me as I can probably resolve it, albeit at a cost.