New Coilovers,Wheels and Plates ! (with pics)

olliea3

Reaction score
So then people had a bit of a modding weekend again :p fitted my coilovers and pressed plates and somehow managed to straight swap my sport alloys with my mates a4 avant wheels lol , they are only temporary but for now they look nicer than standard sport wheels , the coilovers sit ok but im just waiting for them to settle so i can truly be lowww ! enjoy these pics and your comments are very welcome :p

P3063580.jpg

P3063581.jpg

P3063582.jpg

P3063583.jpg

P3063584.jpg

P3063585.jpg

P3063586.jpg

P3063587.jpg

P3063588.jpg

Enjoy :)

I have just aquired a set of coilovers for my SB and i have been told if i drop it low i will need a re-alignment .was just wondering .The last time i dropped a car was using lowering blocks years ago LOL.How long did it take you to fit them mate ?

i love the stance and the rear bumper but not a fan of the pressed plates - they stand out a little too much for me! Wheels also look much better :)

If I were you id add in an s-line spoiler to finish the look :)

Looks nice mate! I remember when mine looked like that haha... Where your pressed plates from, ive got some but the font on yours looks cool :)

JOM Coilovers mate £199 next day delivery lol , what do you mean re-aligned ?

as youve pulled the suspension apart you need to get it all re aligned, if you dont then there is a very good change the wheel alignment will be out and youll get accelerated un-even tyre wear

little bouncy but very comftable for a daily drive , and yeh i had everything checked over after all was fine , the right hight isok at the minute but im waiting a week or so and they will have settled atleast another 10mm

Hate it. Hate Fords. :ninja:

But OLlie your car looks much better!

Looking a lot better mate, seems yours coils wound down a little at the rear, than the front though. Wheels are actually quite a big improvement, look far better than the standard sport alloys not too sure about font of plates, but you like them and that's all that counts bro.

I'm interested to hear how those coilovers settle in, I was going to buy some of the cheaper ones, but talk of uncomfortable ride kinda put me off. How do you rate them against your original suspension? Enquiring minds want to know, lol....

Looking good fella!

Also interested to here the verdict on these coils...

Would you say that the handling is improved? I believe the Sport and S-line are 10mm and 25mm lower than standard respectively.

to be honest its more comftable than my standard sport suspension , like i said its a little bouncy and i wouldnt take it on a track but as far as daily drive goes its perfect for , me ive had these on all 3 of my dubs now

keep the threads greased up on cheapo coilies! I assume you are going to slam it properly at some point when you get some proper wheels?

looks 1000% better mate very nice looking motor now wait for the coilovers to settle then she'll look sweet as the others said those wheels are much better than the nasty nasty sport wheels i changed mine within a week of owning my car lol keep us posted on the ride matey

they will just give them a few days - a week they always do take a little while even just lowering springs take a while to settle

Whats next Oli?

a8 Monoblocks mate when a set comes out the wood works ! or maybe holstens with some custom center caps as the tsw ones are gash ! plus my 11 lights and hopefully air at somepoint , but i finish paying off my loan in january and this car has 130k on the clock now so not putting air on this , will be looing into a new a3 next year

What air ride setup do you want?

not even looked into it to be honest not with this car , like i say i had a loan to buy my first car 5 years ago and all my motors have come from that , this is just a stop gap until january when my loan finishes then ill use this as a deposite against may 07-08 170Q , really happy with the car and at 130k it feels brand new still , not gonna lie mate i had a sticker on my slammed bug saying bags r 4 fags :p lol

True. Your plates legal? I had similar ones on my mk1 golf and got fined £30 lol!

What's the average price for air then?

I wouldn't say there was an average price for air, it really depends on what kit you have, whether you have digital management or not, what size tank, number of compressors, size of the compressors etc the list goes on.