Red A3. Exterior mods please!

i wanted some ideas on what rims? black mirros? black grill? etc
cheers.

surely its down to preference? if you have a particular mod and want opinions then come and ask but to ask what you should do to your car seems a little odd?

cheers ibis edition! il check it out. My plan was, gloss black mirrors, gloss black s3 grill, black rs6 wheels ( 2010 shape ) or black bbs lm reps! both on 19'' 215tyres, 40mm eibach springs or coilovers. That was the plan :)

Take a look at Smoothie's, great example of a red A3

Cheers lad, that means a lot

surely its down to preference? if you have a particular mod and want opinions then come and ask but to ask what you should do to your car seems a little odd?

My thoughts exactly, surely post a pic of your car, then say i'm thinking about doing this - What would guys opinions be? What do you think of this? Even show example pics of other cars with that particular MOD

This is my car currently how it is! i was wondering do you think black rs6 2010 alloys would look nice, or some black bbs lm's, its hard to find a red a3 pic with any of these rims on!

cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
here is mine red and black details
going to be on coilovers very soon
05032011777.jpg
05032011783.jpg

WOAH THAT IS HOT!! i hope mine will look as nice as that one day. I am also looking into coilovers but have no idea what to get? i'm on a tight budget, sorry i don't know much about all of this i am new to it, this is my first car!

thanks mate just detailed her today , if your on a budget i would suggest getting v-maxx (thats what im getting for mine) they are only around £400 ish from dpm peformance dont get the cheaper ones off ebay tho if you like your ride quality they will be way to hard and uncomfortable but if your budget is really tight then get some of them they range from £180 ish upwards

i have seen v-maxx around, it sounds like wot i'm after then!, cos i do not want to sacrifice all of my comfort! is it a bad idea to buy second hand coilovers? Do you think 19'' black rs6 2010 alloys would suit my car? or would black bbs lm's reps be better?

with second hand its a grey area you can get some really good ones but they may need new springs or other parts keep your eyes peeled members on here sell them every now and again , depends on what look you want for your car really oem or aftermarket ish , i love bbs lm's and the rs6 wheels im thinking of getting 19" lm's myself with black centre's

thanks mate just detailed her today , if your on a budget i would suggest getting v-maxx (thats what im getting for mine) they are only around £400 ish from dpm peformance dont get the cheaper ones off ebay tho if you like your ride quality they will be way to hard and uncomfortable but if your budget is really tight then get some of them they range from £180 ish upwards

Did you miss a bit on the sills.... Looks like there is still mud behind the front mudflaps under the doors??!!! :laugh:

yes i did i just realised DOH!!! lol thanks for pointing that out i'll sort that out tommorow

Get on yer hands and knees next time mate!!! Only joking, car looks mint mate :icon_thumright:

i think its best to stick to new coilovers! specially since i don't know too much about them yet! i cannot make my mind up on the rims... rs6 are beautiful but the bbs look so after market! ARGHHHHH

i think its best to stick to new coilovers! specially since i don't know too much about them yet! i cannot make my mind up on the rims... rs6 are beautiful but the bbs look so after market! ARGHHHHH
i have the same prob dont worry one second i want oem looking wheels then bbs then oem then bbs haha i still cant make up my mind either your not alone fella lol

BBS are adopted OEM considering the amount of wheels they have made for VAG

yeah i would love a set of them on mine , there is a a red sportback s-line a3 by my work with them on looks quality

Bet you cant wait for your coils to go on ! things on stilts lol , looking nice tho mate , will look sweet when lows have been applied
+1 on that fella i seriously cant wait to get them on ive wanted to get her lowered for ages but never got round to it lol, she has to look nice for the show season hasnt she